18+ Violence Mature Content

Ch.4 ​The Hunter of the Hunters

by Irishpride13

Warning: This work has been rated 18+ for violence and mature content.

Saw that poor girl was bitten, that was a werewolf bite Fang is at it again.

Drengr Hunten. Garra de la Plaga

After enduring the brutal beating inflicted by Fang, I embarked on a grueling five-day journey of healing. The clan members assured me that the pain and slow recovery were common for improperly set broken bones. Yet, the agony of enduring the repetitive process of breaking and readjusting, only to let it heal again, was excruciating, often causing me to lose consciousness. Despite enduring immense suffering, I made a firm resolution to maintain a positive outlook and deny Fang the satisfaction of witnessing any trace of fear in me.

During our fateful sparring match, Fang took my progress personally and unleashed his claws in a misguided attempt to assert dominance. In a reflexive response, I too unsheathed my own claws, plunging them into him. In that moment, Fang realized his misstep, and his retaliation was swift and merciless. He shattered my arm, granting me a newfound empathy for the pain my father must have endured. But Fang's assault did not cease there. He proceeded to break my ribs, reducing me to screams of agony. I felt my ribs begin to heal, though improperly aligned, almost instantly, and the pack witnessed in shock as Fang delivered a final forceful kick. It is both remarkable and miraculous that I survived such an ordeal.

The density of Lycan bones is extraordinary, making it exceptionally difficult to break them. For Fang to have inflicted such injuries upon me, it became apparent that his intentions were rooted in a desire to inflict pain and suffering. This harrowing experience will forever be etched in my memory, serving as a stark reminder of the dark side of our own kind.

During my recovery, Izzy stood by my side and expressed her deep concern about Fang's actions, recognizing that he had crossed a line. She emphasized the importance of unity within the pack and suggested that something felt off about the situation. It became apparent that Fang harbored some sort of hostility towards me, as evidenced by the intensity of our sparring match. His actions were undeniably excessive and raised serious concerns.

As I reflected on the events, doubts started to creep in regarding Fang's treatment of other pack members. Had I been oblivious to his aggressive behavior towards others simply because he held the position of alpha? The pack hierarchy and dynamics that I once believed in now appeared in a different light.

I shared my worries with Izzy, who attentively listened and nodded in agreement. "I've noticed some changes in Fang lately," she admitted, her voice filled with understanding. "He's been displaying more aggression and territorial behavior than usual." This revelation deepened my unease about the future of our pack. If our alpha struggled to control his temper and showed a tendency towards escalating violence, what did that mean for the rest of us? Could we all potentially become targets of his aggression? The uncertainty surrounding our pack's stability weighed heavily on my mind.

The next day, one of the clan members denied me food, which took me aback. Despite explaining that I was still recovering from a lot of broken bones, he refused to listen and instead blamed me for trying to test Fang. Luckily, Izzy intervened and prevented things from escalating, but my blood was boiling, so I decided to walk away. Later, Izzy suggested that we go hunting to take our minds off things and get some much-needed food.

As we ventured deeper into the woods, our focus on the hunt, my thoughts continued to wander, consumed by the underlying unease that had settled within me. It felt as if there was a hidden layer to this situation, an unseen truth waiting to be uncovered. Izzy, perceptive as ever, noticed my preoccupation and placed a comforting hand on my shoulder, her concern evident in her eyes.

"Are you alright?" she asked, her voice filled with genuine worry.

I sighed, my gaze drifting to the ground. "I don't know, Izzy," I replied honestly. "It's just... something doesn't add up. There's a lingering feeling that there's more to this than a simple sparring match gone awry."

Understanding my sentiment, Izzy nodded in agreement. "I feel it too," she admitted softly. "But we must tread carefully. We don't want to provoke Fang further and risk his wrath turning towards us." Her cautionary words resonated with me, reminding me of the delicate balance we needed to maintain within the pack. Yet, despite her wise counsel, the nagging intuition within me refused to be silenced.

As we continued our hunt, tracking our prey amidst the rustling leaves and dappled sunlight, my mind continued to wander. What would happen next? Would Fang persist in targeting me, escalating his aggression? And if so, how far was he willing to go? The uncertainties weighed heavily on my thoughts, and I couldn't help but wonder what revelations awaited us on this treacherous path.

I stretched my arms overhead, feeling the exhilaration of the hunt coursing through my veins. The forest around us seemed to come alive with hidden movements and scents. It was as if nature itself whispered its secrets, inviting us to join its ancient dance. I sensed something in the air, a faint rustling that captured my attention. It could have been a rabbit, a prey that would be easily caught, but my mind was elsewhere. The desire to embrace my wolf nature, to run with untamed freedom, consumed me.

Without a moment's hesitation, I propelled myself forward, leaning into the swift motion of all fours. The forest blurred around me as my feet pounded the earth, effortlessly navigating the winding path ahead. Glancing back, I saw Izzy mirroring my movements, her own form a testament to her strength and agility. Her fur, a striking blend of black and brown, shimmered under the dappled sunlight, while her eyes gleamed with a captivating combination of white and blue hues. Together, we became a synchronized force, running through the wilderness with a shared wildness that connected us.

As the wind whipped against my face, carrying the mingling scents of the forest, my senses sharpened. A new scent tickled my nostrils, teasing my instincts. It could have been a rabbit, a deer, or something else entirely. Regardless, it couldn't elude me—I was too swift, too attuned to the chase. But just as I was about to surge forward, a throbbing sensation pulsed in my head, accompanied by Izzy's voice echoing in my mind: "Stop."

Instinctively, I dug my feet and hands into the earth, carving deep furrows in the soil. Confusion mingled with curiosity as I turned my gaze towards Izzy, seeking answers. "What is it? Why are we stopping?" I questioned, my voice a low growl of anticipation. Izzy pointed discreetly toward something concealed amidst the foliage. "I'm not sure... but I saw them," she conveyed, her voice a gentle telepathic whisper. "Why can't I smell them?"

I narrowed my eyes, a primal understanding dawning within me. Something wasn't right. Izzy's gesture and words conveyed a hidden danger lurking within the trees. The realization caused a surge of alertness to surge through my veins. With heightened senses, I focused my gaze once more, and gradually, I discerned the presence of our unseen adversaries. They were hunting, setting a trap with calculated precision.

A mixture of caution and determination filled my being as I shared this revelation with Izzy through our mental connection. Together, we stood at the precipice of a potentially perilous encounter, our instincts urging us to tread carefully and devise a strategy. The hunt had transformed into a dance of survival, as we prepared to face the hunters who lay in wait.

As we stealthily approached, my eyes locked onto the group of humans setting up their traps. Their twisted expressions of greed and excitement sent a surge of anger coursing through my veins. Hunting animals for sport was a despicable act, one that struck at the core of my being. Survival hunting was one thing, but this... this was different. Izzy followed my lead, her presence beside me reinforcing our shared determination.

As we drew nearer, Izzy's voice reverberated in my mind, laden with urgency and concern. "Shit, they aren't normal hunters," she exclaimed, her words punctuated by a sense of alarm. We remained motionless, our muscles tense from waiting and observing the unknown assailants. A peculiar sense of unease washed over me as I realized that I couldn't catch their scent, a detail that mirrored Izzy's growing distress. Her gaze locked with mine, and she conveyed her thoughts through our telepathic connection. "We need to leave the area now, do not turn back yet."

Guided by her words, we began our retreat, cautiously moving away from the scene. The sun shone brightly above, its warmth a stark contrast to the chilling realization that we were being hunted. Izzy's urgent command echoed in my mind once more, spurring us into full speed. The rapid rhythm of my feet and hands pounding the ground fueled my determination, propelling us forward with a visceral intensity. A surge of adrenaline coursed through my veins as the thrill of the chase mingled with the need for self-preservation.

But then, a scent caught my attention, pulling me from the trance-like state of our escape. Izzy's voice pierced through the urgency, jolting me back to the present. "Focus, we need to turn back soon. We're getting close to a town." In that moment, Izzy's human form replaced her lycanthropic one. Her almond skin appeared lighter, her eyes darting erratically, mirroring the fear that gripped her.

I firmly grasped her shoulders, offering her a grounding presence amidst the chaos. "Izzy, what's happening? Take a deep breath and calm down," I implored, my voice laced with reassurance. She responded swiftly, her voice trembling with fear as she articulated her concern. "Hunters!" Her normally warm almond skin took on a pallor, her eyes scanning the surroundings with a heightened sense of panic.

In an attempt to allay her fears, I let out a laugh tinged with confidence. "We can handle hunters. Normal men can't hurt us. I witnessed Fang take two shots to the chest and still rise." Yet, her fear persisted and escalated as she uttered those chilling words: "These are not normal hunters. They hunt us."

A wave of apprehension washed over me, each word sinking deep into my consciousness. The implications of her statement were undeniable, casting a shadow of peril upon our path. In that moment, we both realized that we had ventured into a dangerous game, pitted against hunters who saw us as their prey. Our course of action became clear—we needed to regroup, strategize, and find a way to confront this ominous threat lurking within the shadows.

As the realization of our imminent encounter with the human world sunk in, a wave of worry washed over me. The thought of being in close proximity to people and their scents after years of isolation as a werewolf filled me with a mix of curiosity and anxiety. Before I could fully express my concerns, Izzy's reassuring voice interjected, seeking to ease my apprehensions. "Don't worry about it. I'll help you navigate the town and keep you safe," she assured me, her unwavering support providing a much-needed source of comfort.

However, my guilt weighed heavily on my conscience, compelling me to share a dark truth. "I haven't been around people's scents since I was turned, and I..." I trailed off, struggling to find the right words. Izzy's gaze met mine, her expression growing serious as she encouraged me to continue. Summoning my courage, I admitted with a twinge of guilt, "Last time I was around people, I kind of... consumed one or five, give or take three of them."

Izzy's morbid chuckle in response to my confession caught me off guard, and I couldn't help but give a wry smile in return. "Only five?" She said with a hint of amusement. We shared a moment of dark humor, finding a strange camaraderie in our past experiences. But then, Izzy abruptly stopped giggling, her expression turning cold as she revealed the truth. "When I was first turned, I didn't actually know the final count. My actions led to Fang calling for a portion of the pack to hunt down and kill a platoon or two of Confederate soldiers."

I was dumbstruck by her words, intrigued by the hint of a story behind her cold revelation. "I'm sensing a story there," I said, unable to hide my curiosity. She looked at me kindly, a small smile playing on her lips. "There is, indeed. But it's not one you'll get out of me today," she replied cryptically. "I'll tell you one day, maybe." Her response left me with a mixture of anticipation and curiosity, eager to uncover the secrets she held but also respectful of her boundaries.

Izzy led the way into town, her steps confident and purposeful. I reluctantly followed behind her, my weariness of being back in the human world evident in my cautious strides. She looked back at me, her gaze steady and resolute, as she reiterated our plan. "We need to lay low in the town and avoid larger groups of people," she declared, her words carrying a weight of caution and wisdom. I nodded, acknowledging the importance of staying inconspicuous in this unfamiliar environment. Her guidance and protection became an anchor of hope amidst the uncertainty that lay ahead.

With a newfound determination, we pressed forward, our senses heightened and our instincts sharpened. The bustling town stood before us, a stark contrast to the serene forest we called home. As we ventured deeper into the human realm, we understood the delicate balance we had to maintain between our true nature and the façade we presented to the world. Our existence would forever be intertwined with secrecy and caution, as we maneuvered through the intricate web of hidden dangers that lurked in the shadows

Izzy skillfully led me through the maze of back alleys, carefully avoiding the busy streets where people bustled about their daily lives. Her knowledge of the town was evident, and I couldn't help but feel a sense of relief having her by my side. Her voice remained low as she shared more insights and instructions, keeping us focused and alert. I nodded, the weight of the situation settling heavily upon me. We were venturing into dangerous territory, far removed from the safety of the pack and the familiar forest. Doubts and concerns swirled in my mind, but I understood the importance of trusting Izzy's judgment and expertise.

As we continued our silent journey, the gravity of our presence in the human world weighed on me. I couldn't shake the awareness of the immense power we possessed as werewolves, and the catastrophic consequences that could unfold if our true nature was exposed. The responsibility to protect not only ourselves but also Ignorant humans rested on our shoulders.

I glanced at Izzy, her focused expression radiating determination. I knew that she shared the same understanding and commitment to avoiding unnecessary bloodshed. We needed to tread carefully, avoiding any confrontations that could potentially escalate into a disaster. Our mission was to survive and protect, finding a delicate balance between our primal instincts and the restraint demanded by the human world.

With each step, I reaffirmed my trust in Izzy and the bond we shared. Together, we would navigate this treacherous path, using our wits and instincts to safeguard our existence and the lives of those unknowingly caught in the crosshairs of our supernatural world.

Izzy and I made a conscious effort to blend into the bustling town, our choice of loose-fitting attire allowing for freedom of movement while keeping our feminine features concealed. We were well aware that drawing unwanted attention, whether from drunken admirers or ignorant individuals, was the last thing we needed in our current predicament. With caution guiding our every step, we gravitated towards the outskirts of the town, avoiding the larger gatherings until we stumbled upon a mostly empty tavern.

The dimly lit establishment offered a momentary respite from the outside world. Taking advantage of Izzy's resourcefulness, we managed to secure some money and ordered food and drinks. Seated at a secluded table, we engaged in a whispered conversation, mindful of the need for discretion. Our voices carried a sense of urgency as we deliberated our next course of action.

In hushed tones, we exchanged ideas and contemplated the potential consequences of each decision. The tavern became a sanctuary where we could momentarily escape the challenges that awaited us outside. Our discussions focused on maintaining our secrecy and minimizing any risks that could expose our true nature. It was a delicate dance between our lycanthropic existence and the human world, and we knew that every move had to be calculated and strategic.

As I sat in the tavern, observing the humans around me, a sense of unease mingled with a newfound calmness. The flickering fire and the gentle buzz of conversations provided a comforting backdrop. I couldn't help but feel a momentary respite from the constant vigilance that came with our unique existence. It was as if, for a brief moment, the weight of the world was lifted from my shoulders.

Returning to the table with two mugs of ale, Izzy's presence brought a sense of camaraderie and familiarity. We clinked our mugs together in a silent toast, acknowledging the strength and resilience that bound us together. The companionship we shared in that moment of respite was a welcome relief from the uncertainties that lay ahead.

Sitting in quiet companionship, we sipped our drinks and allowed the warmth to seep into our weary bodies. The tension began to dissolve as we embraced the present, setting aside the worries and uncertainties of the future. In that tranquil tavern, surrounded by flickering shadows and whispered conversations, I found solace in the company of my friend.

In that moment, as I sat in the safety of the tavern, I allowed myself to believe that anything was possible. With Izzy's presence and the bond we shared, I felt a glimmer of optimism. The road ahead may be long and arduous, but I knew that as long as we faced it together, we had a chance to overcome the challenges and discover our true strength.

Part 2

As I entered the tavern, I noticed that the owner had intentionally cleared it out, leaving only me and my fellow hunters inside. The two girls, who had been lingering on the outskirts of town, were already there, their eyes fixed on me as if I were some rare spectacle. I quickly chose a seat on the opposite side of the room, deliberately turning away from their gaze and diverting my attention to the window. As I stared at my reflection in the glass, a peculiar glow seemed to emanate from the eyes of the fair-skinned girl - one eye shimmering purple, the other a gentle light blue. It sent a chill down my spine, as if they possessed something otherworldly, something beyond mere humanity.

It was evident that these two werewolves were inexperienced and unfamiliar with the world they had stumbled into. I couldn't help but chuckle at my luck - coming across fresh blood and a wolf with some experience. I remembered encountering the fair-skinned girl before, back at the railroad camp where she was bitten. However, that had been several years ago, so it was uncertain if she had fully grasped the extent of her own powers. On the other hand, she might have a competent alpha guiding her, or perhaps she had been left to navigate this world on her own.

The dark-skinned girl, though, stood out from the rest. There was an unmistakable awareness in her eyes, a sharpness that seemed to penetrate through my very being. When she stood up, her movements were silent and swift, reminiscent of a predator stalking its prey. Her claws emerged, and her eyes blazed with a fiery crimson.

As my chuckle faded, caution washed over me. These werewolves, despite their lack of experience, still possessed formidable potential. I needed to approach the situation carefully and not let my initial amusement cloud my judgment. There was more to these two than met the eye, and I would have to tread cautiously if I wanted to stay one step ahead.

My voice carried a commanding tone as I addressed the girl, trying to assert my authority. "Sit down, kid, before you get yourself hurt," I warned, my grip firm on the Colt in my hand. I emphasized the seriousness of the situation, making it clear that I held the upper hand. "I have you at a disadvantage. This gun is loaded with silver. While you may have the agility to dodge, I doubt your New Blood companion does. And the second shot won't miss." The girl's eyes shifted to a dark blue, and she reluctantly lowered her head, her claws retracting. With a sense of resignation, she took a seat, while the other girl hesitated, but a stern look from her companion persuaded her to remain seated.

Remaining seated myself, I observed the two girls before me. "My name is Drengr Hunten," I introduced myself with an air of authority. "As you can gather," I gestured towards the darker-skinned girl, "I am a hunter." The light-skinned girl appeared confused, as if she didn't comprehend my words. I attempted again, speaking slowly and clearly, "Now, it's your turn to tell me your names."

The darker-skinned girl glared at me, her voice dripping with malice as she spat out, "Screw you." I released a frustrated sigh and reached for my other Colt, my grip tightening around the cold metal. then shot her center mass.Knowing full well that the lead bullet wouldn't be fatal to the werewolf, I watched as the darker-skinned girl writhed on the floor in pain, clutching her chest. Her accelerated healing quickly closed the wound, confirming her supernatural nature. The other girl attempted to rise but was held back by her companion, their fear evident in their eyes. With my other Colt drawn, I spoke with a mix of anger and intensity in my voice, "The next one will be silver, so tell me your names!"

Sarah Caliban introduced herself as the light-skinned girl, her voice trembling with a mix of fear and defiance. Izzy Fang, still lying on the floor, continued to glare at me with hostility. Through gritted teeth, Izzy revealed her birth name, Izabel Alsidny, but emphasized that she now goes by Izzy Fang. The mention of the Alsidny family seemed to trigger a change in her demeanor. Her eyes flashed crimson, and for a moment, I could have sworn her teeth appeared more pointed. She let out a chilling chuckle, devoid of any warmth, and her words carried a frigid coldness. "They are dead and gone, ripped apart and devoured. They met a fitting end, one they deserved."

As I observed Izzy, her short hair and well-defined physique gave her the appearance of a seasoned bare-knuckle fighter. Her gaze seemed distant, as though it had witnessed an excessive amount of violence. Even after being shot, she remained on the floor, her body poised to spring into action at any given moment. I directed my question at her, my voice filled with a mix of curiosity and caution. "Do you have any remorse for what you've done?"

Izzy's response carried a heavy weight of bitterness and sorrow. She clicked her tongue and took a deep breath before speaking, her words laden with the pain of her past. "Unless you've experienced the anguish of holding your mother in her final moments, watching her slip away before your eyes, you have no right to pass judgment on me. I won't delve into the horrifying details of what they did to her during the war's end. It was beyond words, unimaginable cruelty. When I was running for my life, the warmth of my mother's blood still clung to my clothes. I was lost, terrified, with no clear destination in mind. All I knew was that I had to escape the men, your precious humans, who had stolen my mother's life. It was Long Fang who rescued me, offering sanctuary from the darkness. When he revealed his human form, I came to understand his true nature. In that moment, I begged for the power to avenge my mother, to rise above victimhood and never suffer at the hands of others again."

Izzy's voice took on a colder tone, filled with smokehouse-like intensity. "Just know that the only reason you're still alive is because of the situation we're in. I can't envision a scenario where my sister doesn't end up dead. I can guarantee your swift demise, but the presence of your allies outside complicates things. I don't know their armaments, and once the shooting starts, we all risk our lives."

I settled back in my chair, taking in Izzy's words and connecting with the pain she carried. "Izzy, I comprehend the depth of your sorrow, but we mustn't forget that not all humans are monsters. Likewise, not all werewolves are saints," I replied, my voice steady and composed. "In every group, there are both virtuous and wicked individuals. It's vital that we evaluate people based on their deeds, not their species. That's what distinguishes us from mere animals."

Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:55 pm
Memo wrote a review...

Hai! :3

This is my first review so Im still getting the hang of things @_@ I rlly liked this chapter tho! I havent read the past ones, but I like the direction things are going. Theres a lot of interactions between characters here, which is rlly good for their relationships. Izzy is probs my favorite character so far, but again I havent read much. I also just love werewolves and their lore hehe..

Also I agree about the humans! Its hard to imagine the relationship because not much is described. I didnt even realize that scene was describing humans until I looked back over it. I dont think thats ideal since they seem important.

This was super cool tho! I would def read more.

~ Memo

Irishpride13 says...

Thank you for the words of kindness i'm still working on the book been battling heat esoti9on after work so not the need power nap after wok not much time to work on my book/s but trust and beleave there is more to come

Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:43 am
Spearmint wrote a review...

Hey there, it's mint, back with another review! ^-^ I think this chapter is my favorite so far, at least in terms of interesting situations and characters introduced. Now, along with Fang's aggression, Izzy and Sarah need to deal with human hunters. I like that you hinted at a darker side to Izzy as well-- it makes her seem more three dimensional and deeper than the kind guide she was originally described as! And then there's Drengr... He seems quite suspicious right now. I could see it going either way-- he could be a vicious enemy or a future ally. Thanks for the story!

On to specifics!

This harrowing experience will forever be etched in my memory, serving as a stark reminder of the dark side of our own kind.

I read this part as if Sarah was a scientist, documenting her observations, lol. I liked it! She's learning more about Lycans, their healing abilities, and their more violent side.

"I've noticed some changes in Fang lately," she admitted, her voice filled with understanding. "He's been displaying more aggression and territorial behavior than usual."

Hmm... I wonder what's causing this. Have there been threats to the clan? Does he perceive Sarah as one of those threats? Somehow I get the feeling that there's more to it, though. :/

Later, Izzy suggested that we go hunting to take our minds off things and get some much-needed food.

So she needs food to recover, but is well enough to go hunting? xD

It felt as if there was a hidden layer to this situation, an unseen truth waiting to be uncovered.

Yeah, exactly!! You write Sarah's voice very thoughtfully, and I can tell she's clever and observant.

Without a moment's hesitation, I propelled myself forward, leaning into the swift motion of all fours. The forest blurred around me as my feet pounded the earth, effortlessly navigating the winding path ahead.

Ooh, I could visualize this scene well. It must feel so freeing to run like that!
Also, this is a minor thing, but I think it'd be good if you clarified Sarah's current state of health. This chapter starts with Sarah saying she embarked on a five-day journey of healing, but it wasn't quite clear to me if the other pack member denied her food when she was still recovering or when she was fully healed. If Sarah is supposedly still recovering, I think it'd be good to have her stumble a little or something when hunting. But if she's all healed already, this scene is perfect, and I'd just appreciate some clarification earlier. ^^

With heightened senses, I focused my gaze once more, and gradually, I discerned the presence of our unseen adversaries. They were hunting, setting a trap with calculated precision.

So humans enter the picture... Good, this resolves what I was kind of wondering in the previous chapters about the pack's relationship to other people. I wonder if the hunters have been increasing, and that's what's got Fang becoming more aggressive??

The sun shone brightly above, its warmth a stark contrast to the chilling realization that we were being hunted.

Hmm... how do they know that they specifically are being hunted? The humans could be hunting deer or something instead. Unless Izzy and Sarah noticed something about the traps or overheard their conversation or something... I think it'd be good if you explained their thought process a little!

Yet, her fear persisted and escalated as she uttered those chilling words: "These are not normal hunters. They hunt us."

Again, how does Izzy know? Is it because of their lack of scent? I think you could have her say a couple more words to back up that claim. :]
On a different note, I could feel the action better in this part! Especially with them running away from the hunters.

Izzy led the way into town, her steps confident and purposeful. I reluctantly followed behind her, my weariness of being back in the human world evident in my cautious strides.

Um. Are they clothed when they change back, or do they have to steal clothes or something? >.>

Aw, it's nice to see them growing closer and trusting each other. I hope they stay good friends and allies!

As I entered the tavern, I noticed that the owner had intentionally cleared it out, leaving only me and my fellow hunters inside. The two girls, who had been lingering on the outskirts of town, were already there, their eyes fixed on me as if I were some rare spectacle.

0.0 New character/perspective?

As I stared at my reflection in the glass, a peculiar glow seemed to emanate from the eyes of the fair-skinned girl - one eye shimmering purple, the other a gentle light blue.

Oh dear. And after all that trouble Sarah and Izzy went to in order to blend in with humans. XD

There was more to these two than met the eye, and I would have to tread cautiously if I wanted to stay one step ahead.

Ohhkay, this guy is giving me bad vibes. Why were Sarah and Izzy here again? If they just wanted to discuss, couldn't they have discussed in the forest? T-T

Her eyes flashed crimson, and for a moment, I could have sworn her teeth appeared more pointed. She let out a chilling chuckle, devoid of any warmth, and her words carried a frigid coldness. "They are dead and gone, ripped apart and devoured. They met a fitting end, one they deserved."

Seems like there's a lot more to Izzy than it seems... What did the Alsidney family do to her? ;-;

"Izzy, I comprehend the depth of your sorrow, but we mustn't forget that not all humans are monsters. Likewise, not all werewolves are saints," I replied, my voice steady and composed. "In every group, there are both virtuous and wicked individuals. It's vital that we evaluate people based on their deeds, not their species. That's what distinguishes us from mere animals."

Well, that's a nugget of wisdom right there. Drengr seems to not want to kill them for now, but he's still being very shady... What motives does he have? >_> Hm hm, very curious.

Keep writing, and I hope you have a wonderful day/night! =D

Irishpride13 says...

I didn't think of some of the other things like the healing and what state they would be in

Chapter 5 is in final editing and it's going to be up hopefully by this weekend

And little hint you'll learn what happened on the Alsidney plantation

Spearmint says...

Cool, I'll look forward to it! :D

rule #1 of being a potato: potatoes gotta defend their friends from negative self-talk
— Spearmint