18+ Language Violence Mature Content

How Do You Plead: 7.1

by Brigadier

Warning: This work has been rated 18+ for language, violence, and mature content.

Going from his past experience, Winslow predicted that they would have had their hands on each other right now, starting all of the action in the car. Even his last sweet and soft romance had started with a flurry of angsty movements and two people concerned only with getting the other one off. But as the detective sat there studying the sailor’s reaction to his flirty statement, James still sat rigid against the door. Perhaps it was stage fright or perhaps it was something larger, the something more than sex that Winslow felt between. The something that he needed to know as he asked, “Why don’t we just start by going up to my apartment? We’ll get you some dry clothes, have a drink and then we can decide about how far we want to go tonight.”

The detective gently reached out his hand and took ahold of James’ fingers. When the sailor didn’t answer him he continued, “How does that sound, my darling?”

“I’m sorry, Winslow,” the sailor sobbed as he tightened their fingers together. He slid across the seat with a slight squeak and he pushed himself back against Winslow. “I wanted to go to bed with you so badly and now I’m just a shivering mess. And I’m just so sorry for leaving all of my tears on your coat.”

Winslow ran his hands through James’ hair, kissing the man’s forehead and he hummed the tune to Sioux City Sue once again. The song was slowly becoming the little theme for their relationship. He thought about how James was already becoming someone that he treasured and the way those casual flirtations had become something deeper. He brushed his fingers through the blond locks once more before asking, “So would you like to come up for that drink or not?”

After a soft kiss on the lips James responded, “I’d love to come up for a drink.”

“Only a drink, James?”

“A drink to start with and then we’ll just have to see where it goes.”

Winslow lost track of time as he was once again cuddling this new found love. The pain that had stayed with him for years was slipping away with the more time he spent in the car with James. They held each other as the raindrops pelted down on the roof of the car. Every few minutes they would softly kiss as Winslow held James closer and closer to his chest.

Their kisses started to lead them further. The detective gently pushed his sailor onto the bench seat, taking his kisses farther than the young man’s lips. He delighted in the soft squeal that came after a sharp nip right beneath the end of the blond sideburns. Each sound, every squeak, moan and squeal, only encouraged Winslow to go farther and farther. He soon found his hands stuffed down James’ pants, wrapping his fingers around the sailor’s cock, and felt a bit like a dog as he humped the man’s thigh.

Suddenly he felt James pushing up on his shoulder and Winslow managed to pull himself back from the situation. He leaned back on his heels, kneeling in front of the man, studying just how excited they had become before asking, “Darling, what’s wrong?”

“It’s such a silly answer but I just need us to stop for a second.”

“Why?” Winslow pressed. Then he clarified by asking, “Why is it a silly answer?”

The sailor sat up on the bench seat, crossing his legs as a grimace crossed his face.

“So you know how running water makes it so that you feel like you have to go? That sort of inspiration by the sound of another liquid?”

The detective simply nodded in reply.

“Well…with all of this heavy action in a car and the rain coming down on us and the blood rushing downstairs…” James trailed off to look towards the windshield. He quickly made eye contact with Winslow and broke away from the awkward situation once again. “Winslow, I really need to use the restroom, so if we could please finish this upstairs?”

As the sailor explained the situation, Winslow couldn’t stop himself from laughing. He wasn’t trying to embarrass his partner lying on the bench seat but the thought was just a little bit ridiculous. The detective hadn’t been counting on the elements interrupting his chance at sex.

“Yes, let’s go upstairs,” he managed to say as he recovered from his laughter. With a deep breath and another pause Winslow asked, “Would you like me to carry you up to my apartment? Or would you prefer if I waited to carry you until we cross over the threshold?”

“Winslow Smith, I either want to slap or kiss that smirk off of your face.”

The detective leaned down to kiss James’ neck once more, giving another sharp bite, and asking, “Why not do both, my lovely?”

Winslow quickly realized how many soft terms of endearment he was giving to James. It felt very appropriate to give all of these sweet things to the young man. He wrapped his coat around his waist, putting the fedora back on, and helping the sailor out of the car.

Time was passing quickly again as they sprinted across the parking lot to avoid the rain. It took a quick run up the steps and unlocking the main door before the couple were shielded from the rain. They resumed their soft, swaying dance in yet another corridor, wiping the raindrops from each other’s lips. Winslow’s hands were soft from his recent work but James were noticeably coarse.

“I think you need to use some moisturizer, baby,” Winslow commented as he kissed the young man’s palm. “Not that I object to knowing that your hands scratching along my hips will leave a noticeable mark.”

His sailor smirked and giggled, leaning back against the opposing wall as Winslow continued kissing and sucking at his collar bone. There was so much at risk as they did this in public but Winslow just couldn’t help himself.

This temptation was right in front of him and they would have to continue it up in their room. They ran up another two sets of staircases to Winslow’s apartment, fingers intertwined and arms swinging back and forth. The affection paused slightly as the detective unlocked his door with the sailor leaning on his shoulder.

“What happened to just a drink, Winslow?” the sailor asked as they stepped inside. And those were the last words Winslow heard from the sailor until the man starting calling his name in between moans.

BluesClues wrote a review...

Even his last sweet and soft romance had started with a flurry of angsty movements and two people concerned only with getting the other one off.

Objectively the best kind of sweet and soft romance.

Pursuant to my comments of yesterday, it definitely feels better to me that James is still upset from the last installment I read, rather than suddenly bouncing back. Plus I think it helps the sex to lead into it from a place of Winslow comforting James, because otherwise it feels like James is just in a bad place and either Winslow's like, the closest person just now, or James feels like he can't say no because he'd say yes if he were feeling better. So like I like how they're just really tender and then that starts to lead to more, and then this:

Like it's so sad and sweet that James thinks it's silly to say he just needs to stop for a second, and it's so sweet of Winslow to be like "why do you think that's silly? if you need to stop, we stop."

The detective simply nodded in reply.

This is funny but I don't buy it, I don't know what James is really up to but I don't think he's telling the truth.

I mean, Winslow knows him better than I do, but...

[quote]His sailor smirked and giggled, leaning back against the opposing wall as Winslow continued kissing and sucking at his collar bone. There was so much at risk as they did this in public but Winslow just couldn’t help himself.[quote]

Welp, I guess I was wrong, but I guess it's just, like, James was so upset and I was like "good job keeping him upset!" and,,,then,,,the chapter ended with an apparent bounce back. I'll have to keep reading (eventually) to see where things go from here. I know I've been commenting on that a lot, but considering I happened to find the smutty chapters in the Green Room, there's not much else for me to comment on in regards to plot or anything! So this is more like, comments on James' characterization.

Rin321 wrote a review...

Hello! Rin321 back again for this Review Day!

I went back and reviewed a bunch of these chapters last month, but I'm back! I would have continued but I've been really busy this month, ugh :(

I missed James and Winslow!! The sexual tension and connection they feel between each other is bananas, I love it!
I personally loved how they built up during the chapter. As much as they were hot and heavy, they caught their breath and they got to just chill which is nice for seeing the characters more than just seeing them just straight into each other lol
That said, however, there wasn't too much waiting to do. I love the detail used to describe their actions for each other. The picture gets painted so clearly in my head and it's cute how human they are. I've read lot of works where the sexual encounters are perfect but this scene allowed a cute awkward moment to make it seems more of a story to have had actually happened, without ruining the mood you created either!
I know I'm repeating myself but I again just wanna really know I appreciate the magnitude of the emotion they feel for one another. Winslow can seriously be damaging his reputation being in the open but because of his emotion for James he lets it slide. It's a big deal and paints it so clear the magnitude to the emotion being exchanged here.

As far as mistakes and grammar and such, I didn't see any! Amazing job, I'm going to try and get through your chapters!

okay I think I need to grab some nachos
— BluesClues