Home » Literary works » Novel / Chapter » Fanfiction

The daughter of lack-love and cruelty

by Beautifulsparkle

The babe was sleeping soundly in her red crib amidst plushy velvet pillows and royal purple covers. She looked like a fairy princess yet even with her frail stature, for she was a small, tiny thing, one shouldn’t underestimate her. She was like the dragon guarding the oracle she was named after, and though she could not spit scorching fire, nor fly to the milky clouds nor use brave knights as toothpicks , her magical abilities were something to marvel at.

She made the rabbit toy Draco had gifted her with, dance around the room and fly and imitate voices, a fact which failed to concern everyone around except Narcissa’s darling boy who at first thought he was finally losing his marbles instead of witnessing his little cousin’s accidental magic. It didn’t help that the rabbit snuck behind Draco and started talking in Voldemort’s voice about killing all his filthy enemies and feeding incompetents to Nagini, the poor thing had missed dinner the prior day.

Contrary to popular opinion , You Know Who had spent a lot of time with his baby daughter, trying to instill in her his love for magic and the burning hatred he had for his adversaries, especially one Harry James Potter. The baby merely marvelled at the magical ‘tricks’ and started crying once her father’s voice started turning deadly and filled with venom . All of this meant Delphi was very good at manipulating toys and making them talk, erm ramble, in her father’s voice.

It was completely innocent though, the baby wanting to be soothed by loving, if full of rage and paranoid, tones. Draco, having understood the situation in the end, started laughing in a booming, almost histerical way before taking the toy in his hand and saying, in a voice worthy of reverence “ I am Lord Rabbitmort, your little Highness. I have ingeniously hid myself from the all powerful bumblebee, known as Bumblebore and in my glorious, sound mind, asked a sixth year to eliminate him. Now that the old fool is dead, by Snape the Snapdragon’s hand, I will destroy my worst, worthy opponent….Potty the Griffindor! He has eluded me with all his seventeen years of life experience.”

While hearing her older cousin mock her dear father, the baby started laughing while saying “Co! Co!”

Draco was really fond of his secret little cousin and vowed to protect her. Always.

Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:29 am
silver877 says...

Nice

Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:34 pm
Rosewood wrote a review...

This is the first piece of fanfiction I have reviewed, so I don't have much to compare it to. But, despite my first sentence, I really liked it! Descriptive writing has always drawn me in, and you have achieved it beautifully. I didn't have much to say, criticism wise, other than repeat what VioletFantasy wrote about this sentence.

She made the rabbit toy Draco had gifted her with, dance around the room and fly and imitate voices, a fact which failed to concern everyone around except Narcissa’s darling boy who at first thought he was finally losing his marbles instead of witnessing his little cousin’s accidental magic.

Other than that, I just wanted to complement your writing style. So... good job!

Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:44 am
VioletFantasy wrote a review...

Hi Beautifulsparkle!
I’d like to review this wonderful fanfic chapter. I’m a Potterhead as well, so this immediately piqued my interest. My favorite part of this chapter was when Draco retold the story of Dumbledore’s murder. Changing the names just slightly to go with an animal’s name was genius! Except Harry Potter’s of course, since in Draco’s eyes he doesn’t deserve that kind of respect. Potty is the only name he deserves. Another thing that I really enjoyed was the last sentence, or more specifically the last word: “Always.” Is this alluding to Snape’s infamous words addressing his undying love for Lily? I give you a round of applause for that one. You really are an amazing author.
Now, time for the hard part, the criticism. I don’t have many things to criticize since this chapter is basically perfect. One thing I would like to mention is in this sentence: “ She made the rabbit toy Draco had gifted her with, dance around the room and fly and imitate voices, a fact which failed to concern everyone around except Narcissa’s darling boy who at first thought he was finally losing his marbles instead of witnessing his little cousin’s accidental magic.” It seems to be a little jumbled and the sentence just keeps going and going. I think it would be easier to understand if it was shortened or made into more than one sentence. Other than that, I congratulate you on a job well done! I can’t wait to read more!
VioletFantasy

"The adventures I enjoy are usually of a literary nature."
— Henry Winchester