Home » Literary works » Art » Romantic

12+

My Drawing

by Anma

Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:26 am
LOLACONER says...

Always be patient,when you are drawing and imagine,think about your drawing!

Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:05 am
demoncat wrote a review...

Hello demoncat here for a review of this cute art.
And honestly till now I wasn't aware we could post and review art but now I know. All right so I thought maybe the first thing I should point out is her hands. I don't mean to sound critical because I am not very good with hands myself. but I know some tricks to help with drawing hands. I start by drawing a sort of square with a curved top for the base of the hand. Then I draw a more rounded shape for where the fingers go. Then I make a line for each finger. And I draw where the fingertips go. And after I draw out the fingers from there. And then add the thumb.
On another note the girls right arm is alittle longer then it should be. It leaves her at an awkward angle and the bend in his elbow could be alittle more prominent.
Another thing when drawing lips and especially kissing it can be hard to do. To me it looks kind of like she is kissing his cheek moreso than his lips. But it is better than I could do. I'm not as good at drawing kissing.
On a different note I loved the way you drew the hair! And that jawline of his is amazing. Just the heads overall! and your overall anatomy is amazing! Keep up the good work I would like to see more as you improve as an artist! Practice makes perfect!

xJade wrote a review...

Wesh! It's me! I can't draw very well but I can definitely give pointers on how to make this better. OK, let's start

The hands feel oddly connected to the body, and the arms aren't really the right shape or length. You could have put more detail into their faces and worked on shading and getting their hair more, um, what's the word? Realistic instead of flat for an anime girl.

They also feel awkward, his body is way too far away from hers and I don't know where his mouth is. Also, it's all crumpled up which makes it hard to really understand.

OVERALL: It's cute and I like it. Post more soon!

Jade

(Formerly JadeLotus)

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:15 am
Blairwood says...

This is good! I would suggest however, more detail to the nose. It seems to be more of a cone then the proper shape of a nose. Also the girls arm placement is off. The arms should be slightly bent instead of stiff like a board. But other wise good work!

Anma says...

Lol, okay! Thank you!

MariaDaCat says...

Dear Anma,
Your drawing is amazing! I really like it. So many things are just... perfect! The clothes... the arms... so many things! I honestly could go on and on. Then again, (don't take it personally, I'm just judgy. It's a bad habit. I'm attempting to fix it... Slowly, anyway.) there is always some room for improvement. Don't worry, I find it in my drawings All. The. Time. Okay. Here we go.
1) The hands. I underhand, (get it?) it's hard to draw hands. The way the arms connect to the hands is... awkward. I'm sorry. Put your hands up to your face, the bottom of your palm touching your chin. Do you notice that there is about an inch of your forehead showing? Keep that in mind when you draw. (Thumbs up)
2) The hair. The hair looks fine and everything, but, of course we all are improving whether we like it or not. I think the hair is fine, I just think you could add some highlights to it. If you don't know what I mean, search up "drawing highlights in hair" on Google to see what I mean.
3) The scribbles. You see those black lines around your creation? I know people do that- including me -but what do they represent in this work of art? This is not anything bad, I'm just curious.
4) The crinkles? Why are there crinkles?
5) The lines. The lines are a bit thick. Maybe next time you could use a pen that is slightly less wide? It makes it feel... a bit TOO cartoony, if you know what I mean.
6) The girl. She is very pretty! I assume she is a teenager, so, she is not a child. Therefore, her... um... bottom... can have a little... shape. Also, her chin is a little small. Don't you think a human's chin is a bit longer than two centimeters? In reality, a human's chin is about an inch.
See? Being judgy IS my bad habit.
7) I know there's a lot, but trust me. There are many more flaws on my illustrations, but... The clothes are awesome, and I don't always draw the legs but there is no bottom half of either of the people. It would be cute because, believe it or not, in drawings the legs tell a lot of what the person is feeling.
All in all, your drawing is incredible and I hope you post more of your drawings on the Young Writers Society (YWS) and I encourage you to keep doing everything SO wonderfully!!! Keep writing/drawing!!!
~MariaDaCat

MariaDaCat wrote a review...

Dear Anma,
See? Being judgy IS my bad habit.
~MariaDaCat

Anma says...

Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:34 am
GreenTulip wrote a review...

Speaking from my own experience, you've done way better than i could! I can't even draw a person, unless a stick figure counts?

But somethings I can maybe give suggestions on?

- The clothing pieces could be a bit smoother on the edges and have a more softer transition into different pieces. Kinda like how on say a V-neck shirt- you can tell its there but it's edges aren't sharp and affronting like the thick lines you have her. Maybe just thin the lines up a bit through out the clothing? (I can't draw clothing either so I'm just guessing very hard core right now.)

-The hair! Have fun with it. Make it seem like it's coming to life. Let it help draw you into the kissing scene you are depicting. Let it wave, curl, blow out into the wind. Brighten it up with some color! Hair is fun and complicated at the same time.

- The hands are also a major piece in play here. It seems kinda awkward that her arms are just stretched out behind the guy she's kissing. I mean most people I've seen and people I've kissed- their arms usually go around the other person with their hands on the back someplace.

The first thing that I thought of when I saw this was the anime, "Fairy Tail". It had a very Natsu/Lucy feel to me. I just think that they would be very cute together and I found them within your picture!

Best of luck on future drawings!

~GreenTulip

Anma says...

Thank You!!

Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:43 am
TheMulticoloredCyr wrote a review...

Moderately experience art person here! Hands! You need to work on your hands and the general flow of the fabric. The only real advice I can give you is to practice. Practice, practice practice.

I know it's all anyone ever tells you, but hey, it's true.

Also, don't take this to mean I think your work is bad, not at all! It's actually pretty good. I do think that in a few years you will look back on it with the judgmental gaze of an artist improved though.

I hope this was helpful. Goodbye and happy drawing!

Anma says...

Thank you Cry!! This really helps, honestly!

But what about second breakfast?
— Peregrin Took