My Inspiration

by misstoria

This is a contest entry, we were supposed to write about something that inspires our dreams. Please Review!

Even from a young age everyone has a dream. You know what I’m talking about, the little girl who dreams of being a doctor or the little boy who lives to be an astronaut. To some dreams may seem completely random, but to me every dream has inspiration. That little girl may have been born with leukemia and she was inspired by the doctor that saved her life. The little boy who dreams of being an astronaut watched a space shuttle launch and suddenly he was hooked. Every dream has a story behind it, even mine.

As long as I can remember I’ve loved writing. Even before I could hold a pen I’ve wrote stories in my head. The words just come to me and suddenly it all fits together. Until six months ago I considered writing a hobby, now it’s my life, my dream. I want to become an author, to create books and write poetry. To think I wouldn’t even consider it if it wasn’t for Devon.

Devon was one of my best friends. He always pushed me to do what I loved, to write my future. I never really believed that I could be someone special. It took something horrible to wake up my dreams. Devon left this world in August, and I thought I’d never write again. Suddenly this voice told me that I had to write, not just a voice, Devon’s voice. I began to realize that even though Devon is gone he still lives through me. His dreams will never be, but my dreams can still come true. With the memories of my friend running through my mind I fight for the life Devon will never get.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:56 pm
unsocialbutterfly wrote a review...

Aw, sad :( this is really beautiful I think you have a good chance of winning that contest :) Keep writing for Devon!

misstoria says...

Thanks!!!

they say money can't buy happiness, but what they don't realize is that money *can* buy novelty socks.
— blueca