z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Beast of Beauty

by izame


She stands vulnerable yet strong

Gentle and bold, unique and warm

With beauty that engages the eyes of the beholder.

She invites all with a sense of adventure.

She captivates with her passion.

She illuminates with her love.

She holds within her embrace

Secrets of the brave.

She is an immovable mountain;

A smooth flowing river;

A sweet smelling flower;

A gentle refreshing breeze.

Her breast are inviting,

As the sun rises between them,

Standing firm... many men

Seek to conqueror them.

Between her legs does a river run,

Rushing, gushing, many have had fun,

She picks you up and puts you down

Often times turn you around

But woe to the unsuspecting adventurer...

Enchanted by her magnificence and beauty.

Unrelenting and unforgiving

Jealous in many ways.

In her anger she violently erupts;

Hurling rocks and poison from her mouth...

Hot rivers of molten lava,

Consuming all within her path.

She blows ferociously;

Accompanied with lightning and thunder,

She destroys utterly;

Laying everything asunder.

Frozen is her heart;

Cold and desolate has she become.

But as the sun sets upon the sea;

Calm shall she be.

Many have come and many have gone;

Yet still she remains.

She adapts and changes over time

But her beauty stays the same.

Beauty that can never be compared

Beauty for all to enjoy

Beauty for all to share

Beauty for all who will dare.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
5 Reviews


Points: 318
Reviews: 5

Donate
Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:44 pm
Emma11 wrote a review...



Hai here to drop you a quick review ^o^

This is absolutely beautiful! This song truly captures the beauty all women possess. It made me smile. Truly this would make the most insecure girl or women feel beautiful. Its not the outer beauty that matters when it boils down to it. It is the inner beauty that can often be very rare in people. This song makes me think of Mulan (don't ask me why, I just adore disney films!). You have real talent! Keep writing and remember that your beautiful! Inside and out!

~Emma :)



Random avatar
izame says...


Thank you all for your comments, however i need to say that this poem was really about nature personified as a woman. I must also confess that it was a school assignment that i was forced to do, and that my gender is very much male as I am feeling as though you guys think otherwise. However I have been encouraged by your comments and have written two more poems since. Could someone kindly please tell me what is the procedure for acquiring points or can I just upload the poems?



User avatar
89 Reviews


Points: 6213
Reviews: 89

Donate
Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:25 am
Amnesia wrote a review...



This is beautiful. :) This talks about beauty that every woman posseses and it's perfect. This song is enought to make even the most insecure woman or girl feel better. There is beauty within everyone. It only take a very special person to spot it. You have a talent, Thank you for sharing this with us all and I hope to see more of your works soon. :) Keep your head up and worries down and never ever stop writing.


~Sam




User avatar
621 Reviews


Points: 4984
Reviews: 621

Donate
Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:19 am
View Likes
Rook wrote a review...



Hello!

I thought this was a rather interesting poem.

I liked the words you used: they were very descriptive and packed with imagery.
I liked the story you told, how this beautiful thing became angry and cruel but still maintained its beauty.

I noticed you tried to rhyme here and there, but (as far as I could tell) you weren't following any rhyming pattern. I think it's important that if you ever have any rhymes that you have them consistently. Consistency is very important in poetry, so I'd recommend using a rhyme pattern, or not rhyming at all. If your rhymes were unintentional, sorry, but you had lots of rhyming lines.

Some of your lines and words were rather cliche. I'm not sure exactly which lines to pull for this, but I'd say read this aloud, and if you've heard the phrase used elsewhere, it's probably cliche. You want to avoid cliches as much as possible. I think this mostly happens toward the middle where she turns cruel?

I noticed that you rated this as E for Everyone. There was a place in here that could definitely be interpreted as a sexual innuendo. I don't know if you were aware of this, and if you weren't, you might want to fix that. sorry for being awkward. >.>


I think that's all I have for this poem.
Good job, keep writing!
~fortis




Random avatar

Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:59 am
izame says...



Thanks BooKWolf, I don't know if I would ever submit another as this was a one off poem and a friend (BabyLa) encouraged me to upload it on the site.




User avatar
125 Reviews


Points: 5275
Reviews: 125

Donate
Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:57 pm
BookWolf says...



Wow.... That was awesome! I can't find a single thing wrong with this poem. Its so perfect! I quickly found myself enchanted by your writing. The flow was perfect. This poem really spoke to me. I love poems like this. And I look forward to when I can read your stuff again. :)

Good-bye for now!

~BookWolf





The same boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you're made of, not the circumstances.
— Unknown