z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

I love you

by RedMoon


I took the universe in my hands and turned it about this way and that. I wondered what I could make of it. And that’s when I first thought of you.

I smiled at the thought of you. I imagined everything that I could do.

Two eyes so you could see.

Two ears so you could hear.

A nose so you could smell.

A mouth so you could smile.

Two arms with two hands and ten fingers.

Two legs with two feet and ten toes.

And a beautiful head of hair.

You were so beautiful. I loved you.

When I first gave you away, I thought my heart would burst, but I knew that you would be okay. I gave you to people who would always love you, though not as much as me.

I watched you grow up. I was there always. When you took your first step, I was there to cushion your fall. When you said your first word, I was there to encourage you. When you did bad things, I was there to tell you that you were wrong, and I was always so proud when you did right.

But on the Day, there could be no one prouder than I was. Because the Day was the day that you let me come into your heart.

From that moment on, you were mine again. I could hold you when you cried. I could laugh with you when you were happy. I could sing and dance with you. You knew I was there now. Nothing could be better.

When you first strayed, I was patient with you. I knew that one day you would make a mistake, and I was ready to help you. You came back to me, but you pushed me away just a little. I couldn’t reach you. Not entirely.

I cried when you did it again. I couldn’t help it. It hurt to see you hurt, but I still couldn’t reach you. You had pushed me farther away.

I waited for a long time for you to turn to me. I wanted to help, but you wouldn’t let me. When you did turn to me, it wasn’t for as long as I had hoped, but I would take it, because I loved you and because it was the only time.

There was a long time when you didn’t visit me. You only pretended to. I know because you never came at all. But I would always be there, waiting.

It got so bad that you didn’t even pretend any more. I tried to call to you, but you had your ears stopped. I tried to make you see, but you had your eyes covered. I gave you the tools. I gave you the time. I hoped you would use it. I hoped you would come back to me.

I cried when you ignored me. I cried when you couldn’t hear my voice. I cried when you couldn’t see how much I loved you. But I cried even more when I could see you falling so fast. He had his claws on you. I wanted to help, but you wouldn’t let me. I wanted to do something, but you said you could do it on your own. I let you. You didn’t want me.

Then, the miracle and miracles. You came to me, for the first time in a long time. Your ears were unstopped, and your eyes were uncovered. For the first time in a long time, you let me help you. And for the first time in a long time, he let go of you. You were free, and you weren’t falling.

You were mine again. I couldn’t tell you how much I missed you because there wasn’t any possible way to describe my joy. I could hold you again. I could laugh with you and cry with you. I could sing with you and dance with you. You were mine, and I was never going to let you go again. I could only hope that you would never leave me again either.

You strayed, and you fell, but you let me catch you. You clung to me and you didn’t let me go. You let me stay and teach you how not to fall.

You did it again, but you told me right away. I could help you, and you didn’t push me away.

Whenever you could, you turned to me. You let me know how you felt, you let me into your life, and I was able to help you. There were no more short visits. It was constant and sincere. You never had to pretend again.

He came back again, but you were ready. You stopped your ears and covered your eyes again, but this time, it was for him. You made sure that you could hear my voice and see me only.

He was angry when you ignored him, but I couldn’t say how proud I was of you.

I never promised easy roads. I never promised that you wouldn’t fall sometimes, but I did promise that I would be there to help you. From the first step you took, to the last breath you'll take, I would always be there.

I made you with my hands. I gave you everything I had. You didn’t always respond the right way. You weren’t always with me. But I was always with you. Because I made you. Because I loved you.

When you take your final breath, know that I will be there waiting at the gates of heaven. I am so glad that you chose me in the end. The thought of sending you away to him would break my heart, but I would do it because it was what you wanted.

You are so beautiful. I love you.

-Jesus


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
760 Reviews


Points: 31396
Reviews: 760

Donate
Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:36 pm
ExOmelas wrote a review...



'From that moment on, you were mine again.' - I don't quite understand when the character the narrator is speaking to no longer belonged to the narrator.

'Then, the miracle and miracles.' - this feels like it might be a reference to something but I really don't know what.

'for the first time in a long time, he let go of you.' - who is 'he'?

I'm not sure if I have this right but I get the feeling someone was being abused by their boyfriend/partner/husband and turned away from religion.

I thought that parts of this were incredibly moving and beautiful and somehow you did not make a single grammatical error.

My only problem is that the narrator seemed to be focussed to much on themself. As I discovered at the end, the narrator was Jesus, so I'm not sure how to put this now but I kind of didn't feel as much sympathy for the narrator as I should have. He was so concerned with the fact that he was being shunned that it brought the focus to his troubles so that I don't really understand what's happening with the character he's speaking to. I get the feeling this is not a characteristic you want to portray in Jesus.

On the other hand, you are very brave to have Jesus as your narrator. I mean, your writing from the POV of the second most important figure in your religion who obviously means a lot to you. That must be pretty intimidating. Like, I struggle to write fanfiction using someone else's characters. I cannot imagine what it must have been like to try to delve into a mind such as this. I applaud your courage and other than what I have mentioned you pulled it off excellently!

Well done :)




Random avatar

Points: 393
Reviews: 20

Donate
Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:37 pm
alevine wrote a review...



I love this. The only thing is, it's a bit trite. I think the whole religious thing with Jesus and Christianity can get a little overpowering at times throughout this piece. I know that it is for a family member, but in terms of actual creative writing, I think you might want to stay away from such a strong Jesus thing. Just an opinion. But you do not have to take it. Keep writing:)





There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.
— Bram Stoker