deleted

by fight4whatisright

...

Fri May 09, 2014 5:48 am
Snowery wrote a review...

Hey you! It's me again! :)

Main Points

but she began playing it on her phone and sang and danced along,

Here began already indicates that you are using the past tense, so it would make so much more sense if your sentence looked like this:

but she began playing it on her phone and singing and dancing along,

I glanced away at the scene of teenage kids mulling around,

Would make much more sense if it was written as:

I glanced away, towards the scene of teenage kids mulling around,

While my friends immersed in conversation,

Should be either: immersed themselves or were immersed

It was the only thing that separated me by appearance to Isabelle, so that was how I kept it, regardless of what it looked like.

I found this to be a strange way to end your chapter.

Well things have gotten intense! I can feel the plot steadily thickening!! Moldy Laure's covered most of the content point so I'll probably leave it at this. Well done!! :) Keep it up and happy writing!! :) :)

Silverlock

Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:13 am
Laure wrote a review...

o.o I was off reviewing for two days because of this stupid maths test, and your chapters escalated. Well, at least I don't have to worry about cliffhangers now, so, on with my review. So, I likes this chapter better than the last and your dialogue is improving too. Showing much more characterization of the characters and it is also much more engaging than the ones in chapter four. And I'm starting to like Hayden a bit more too, and Charlotte and Ellie doesn't seem too much like the airheads they were. Anyways, I will comment on the plot later. As usual, I will point out some technical details, mostly about the plot because you're pretty good with your spelling and grammar.

Her eyes got a faraway look
I know I'm getting picker as I review along, but you don't seem to mind it. Got? Come on, that word is way too overused, how about had?

A smile touched his lips. The setting sun made his hazel eyes shine gold. “That’s right; you wanna be an author.”

I nodded. Hayden was probably the only one who remembered that.

“D’you think you could make it?” he asked.
I just had to do this, if you make every other dialogue in your chapter. Then you're golden, the readers would love you forever. (Me, especially.) The dialogue above reflected your character's thoughts, personality perfectly. It was interesting and yet it captured an essential element in your chapter. I love the way you described Hayden's eyes too, keep these lines in mind and how you wrote them in your future dialogues.

“Hey!” I called out. No reaction. “Hey! What the hell are you doing? Get off my property!” I’d always wanted to say that last line, but with a shotgun in my hand and America’s famous southern drawl.
Ahahaa, I see Alexis has a fine sense of humour. And also, a smoking middle-age vampire? Wow...that's got to be a first.

So, there really isn't much to say in terms of spelling and grammar. However, I thought I would point out the one thing that I've noticed that sort of drags your chapter down. Which is your sentence beginnings, you should always try and vary them. Though I noticed you tend to use, a lot of pronouns like 'it' or 'they'. Just keep that in mind, because it may bore the readers.

Content:So (is my so annoying you? If so, this is what happens in your chapter with it. xD.) I've mentioned that I liked this chapter better as it included more action, and more description around Alexis's surroundings. I quite like how Hayden is developing however, I would still like to see more of Alexis's thoughts. The general pace of this chapter is ok, I say ok because we're not getting a lot of development on the vampire and wolf. You tend to gloss over them, like here.

Ten more paces and the figure was way behind me, but still the paranoid feeling nagged. Slowly, I craned my neck to look over my shoulder. The figure had risen from the bench, the lit cigarette in his hand fell to the ground. There was a grating noise as he grinded it under the toe of his boot, then he set off my way with a purposeful gait.

Run, my feet told me. No, I retorted, walking a little faster. My heart thumped so loud I wouldn’t be able to hear his footsteps behind me, but I was sure they were there. Run!

I am not afraid of the dark, or the strangers in it. Don’t be so goddamn paranoid.

“’Ello, love,” the gruff voice of the man called out to me. Oh god – he sounded so close, just an arm’s length behind me.

I started to run.

My feet carried me further than I thought possible in such a short amount of time. When I was half way to the corner shops - well past my house, realizing it wouldn’t be smart to show him where I live - I stopped. I looked back, and found that I was alone.

And, man, did I feel alone…

I feel as if you should have spend more time on actually describing the vampire and his motives then spending time on describing how Alexis reacted to him. Also, that last line. Was it necessary to say that, did she feel alone because of the circumstances she's in. Or did she feel alone now that the vampire has left her?

Then again, with the encounter with the wolf and the vampire. I think we know enough of Alexis's confusion about the whole situation, instead I think you should focus more of perhaps foreshadowing what will happen in the future chapters due to the appearance of these supernatural creatures.

But the above is just my opinion, I still think your story is moving along fine as it is. They are just suggestions.

Hope I helped! (Chapter six, here I come!!)

~Laure

Thank you for yet another brilliantly detailed and helpful review! It's really rare for people to be completely right about everything they say in reviews, but you are, so thank you. I can't wait to see what you have to say about the rest of it.

ERZA wrote a review...

Good story and it has quite an amount of suspense too (because I am starting this story with this chapter XD)...
I really liked the way you presented everything and its very well written too. Also, you portayed the characters so well that not only we find out their daily routine we also get to know them better which brings us readers closer to the chara whomever we may choose as our favorites :-)

And as for what can be done to improve l...
I can say that this story is interesting enough to have longer chapters yay! :-D
Then you could also make use of cliffhangers 'cause if used at the right part it can be a bomb ticking away...that would finally burst in the next chapter ^^
You could add in more thought lines and give it some more depth..

Other than those aannd the basic rereading and spellchecking stuff I don't think you would need to do anything else when you are posting new chappies because I can say this story is gonna be good. Of course practice makes one better but I have got to say that you really have talent.

Keep writing and always be happy ^^
ERZA~

lostthought wrote a review...

Nearly all the way caught up. Two more chapters to read/review.

Nitpicks

There are no nitpicks today.

Ahhh! Spooky man! Run, he is a vampire! Who apparently smokes. I guess it doesn't matter to him, it's not like he is going to die is disease.

The girl claims not know her. Does she go into a different state of memory and instincts when she goes and turns into a big, furry wolf? (Anyone else find it weird that the wolf came to Alexis' s house the same night as the guy I think is a vampire?)

I better read the other two chapters. Keep writing!

-lost

The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.
— Martin Luther King, Jr.