z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Ron Raevsky Has Extraordinary Painting Skills

by ronnie


Ron Raevsky is an artist who loves to paint landscape paintings. He was born and brought up in Maysel, West Virginia. Apart from painting, he also enjoys a great number of other fascinating hobbies. Since childhood he has been a great horse rider, and spent numerous years on his family estate being there in the lap and wandering off into nature on their beloved horses. When he return home after spending 5 years in New York city, he made up his mind to go back to his hometown and be there in his family home. There he found an ideal environment for painting and creating art. It was a huge break from the hectic city life that he was not very fond of.

Ron Raevsky became popular after he signed an agreement with a businessman who anticipated that while Ronnie will paint, he would sell the paintings. They divide the profits fifty fifty, and Ronnie became highly renowned for his amazing art landscapes. “The Awakening “ which is without a doubt one of his most appreciated works, sold in New York for $15,000. Ron has visited several countries of the world and used the scene scapes as inspirations for his own work. He has been to Australia, Canada, Norway, Cambodia, Greece, Germany, and France. His want to paint New Zealand landscapes.

His wife Angela who is from a Spanish decent also moved in with him, along with their two lovely children. Angela opened a pumpkin farm that they open for pumpkin pickers at Halloween time. Her farm has become a big success and they have customers who specially come from far away cities and towns. In addition to this, Ron Raevsky also gives horse riding lessons to children on a regular basis. For Halloween 2014, they have also made a “Haunted Barn” and hope it will be a big cheer among children and adults alike. At such festivities, Ron also sells his landscape art, which is also a favorite among their customers.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
37 Reviews


Points: 1396
Reviews: 37

Donate
Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:53 am
gauravkundu32 wrote a review...



Hey there, gauravkundu32 is here to review your work...
First of all, I'd like to say that you've done a very good job here and I really like it. Regarding grammar ( though I also make grammatical mistakes very often) , well , I could not understand the need of writing the name of Ron Raevsky in bold letters so many times, I guess you were trying to give more emphasis to the character but I personally think you can also do it by 'not writing the name in bold letters'. Instead of that you can describe more about the actions of the character which will create an impact on the minds of the readers. Being said that I'd like to add one more thing, I really liked this story. You can add more actions beside the information of the characters which create more interest aming readers. Anyway, that's all what I got to say here. Please never mind, take my words simply as advice and I am sure you're going to rectify the problems and do your best because you have the potential inside you. Show your talent through writing more stories, I'd be waiting for your next story.
With Best Wishes,
Keep writing and be the Best
gauravkundu32




User avatar
212 Reviews


Points: 13620
Reviews: 212

Donate
Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:57 pm
birk wrote a review...



Hey Ron!

I guess I should start off with welcoming you to YWS! Or rather, welcome back (as this seems vaguely familiar to me).

What I love about this article is the fact that it's so very informative. I really feel we get to know this Ron Raevsky, and all these different aspects of his life. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that you are in fact Ron Raevsky, which makes me wonder why you wrote this from a third person point of view.

If you rather wrote this from a 1st person POV, it would be a lot more personal. I trust hardworking Ron, who tries to get by and live on his skills by attracting small-time attention from small personalized ads. But this? An inpersonal spam message written with no heart? No, this guy is a douche.

The way you wrote this, it also seems like you brag a lot. About Ron's hot wife, his paintings, the cool movie-like shady deal he has with this business man and of course, the incredibly important fact that he has horses. In addition to this, he not only has skills, but he has 'extraordinary' skills? Don't oversell yourself.

So, closing thoughts:

I like ponies!


Birkhoff





Carpe Diem
— Catullus