z

Young Writers Society


12+

Unconditionally

by jackson27955


No matter what I will love him unconditionally. He is my best friend, and the only reason I get out of bed each day. We have been best friends for a long time now and I have known how I felt for the exact same amount of time. He is always there for me; picking me up when I’m down, supporting me through my issues and he always knows just what to say. We have had our ups and downs but everything just brings us closer together. He knows everything about me and I know everything about him.. Except he doesn’t know I love him.

I sometimes think he loves me too. I imagine what it would be like to have him tell me how he feels. And then I would tell him I feel the same and we would end up together. That’s not how it works though. I feel like I have imagined something that isn’t there; I love him, but he doesn’t love me. I will never have the courage to tell him how I feel. I will always wonder.

He talks about his insecurities, how he feels he isn’t attractive. I think he is perfect. He doesn’t need to change in any way. I love him for who he is. When we talk on the phone, its like he is there with me. When we go for walks, we never run out of words.

One night we had a conversation that confused me. He tried to find out who I liked but I wouldn’t tell him. I asked who he liked and he said he loved someone for who she is and that she had brown hair. He kept changing how he knew her, when I said I needed to approve of her he said that would be difficult. I told him when they got together I would tell him who I liked, he said that was impossible. I keep hoping he was talking about me. But no matter what, conflicting egos will make it so I will never know.

I have decided to never tell him, try and move on. Its hard and it will break my heart but it has to be done. I don’t think two best friends were meant to be. Every time I open my mouth I wreck everything. Not this time. I need to let him go. He will still be my best friend, and when he finds someone I will support him through everything. When I find someone and one day get married he will be right beside me the whole time. Best friends, that is all. I love him unconditionally.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
131 Reviews


Points: 7350
Reviews: 131

Donate
Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:38 am
chancesnchanges wrote a review...



Hi! there jizzlackson :) ..

I agree to what Iggy have said. I know that it takes a lot of courage but be brave enough to confess your feelings towards him. Because it's more painful to regret and to live with “what if's” in the end. There is a possibility that he might feel the same way and you can have your happiness. If not, atleast, you did your part. You might be depressed for a period of time but as you cry it out you feel light, afterwards. You've got to accept your situation and that's the start of moving on. Because, it's like your hitting yourself with daggers if you see him with another girl while he remains clueless about your feelings.

Take a chance :)




User avatar
53 Reviews


Points: 862
Reviews: 53

Donate
Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:39 am
Certainly Love says...



Sounds like a story we are all familiar with. We can find it in movies and t.v. shows. No one ever wants to tell someone how they really feel. I am sure this is your personal experience? Anyway, young love is always hard and confusing. haha




User avatar
933 Reviews


Points: 4261
Reviews: 933

Donate
Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:27 pm
Iggy wrote a review...



Hey there! Welcome to YWS. c:

Just so you know, we do have a blog section for entries like this, so you can use that next time and save yourself some points. ^^ But since this is here... I'll review! Or well, I'll give advice. Yeah. Something like that.

MOVING ON.

D: D: Unrequited love is the worst! I feel this all the time, falling in love with TV/book characters and all... But you know the difference? They, sadly, aren't real. </3. This boy, your boy, HE'S REAL. And what's best is that he's right there, beside you.

This isn't unrequited love, because he hasn't confirmed whether he loves you back or not. Please tell him. You can't let an opportunity like this pass. You have no idea what he'll say, so do yourself a favor and tell him. Worst is that he'll say no, he doesn't like you back, and you'll move on. Best is that he'll say yes and you'll get married and make cute babies. But that can only happen if you make a choice and tell him.

You'll spend your entire life loving him with a broken heart until you find out how he feels about you. Don't let the poor dude marry some chick he doesn't love. D: Go get your happiness! Do this for yourself and for him. You deserve to know. :)

I hope you take my advice! I wish you lots of luck, my friend. :D






Let me just add something about the matter over here.
It's been a couple years since this started. There was this guy in my class I found myself falling for. I couldn't stop myself. I got really confused and stuff. I kept telling myself that it was all just a passing moment, that it'd all go away. But it kept growing everyday.
You know what I did? I told him. Not face to face. I just let him know.
He rejected me, yes. But after I told him and I saw him hanging out with other girls I was finally able to convince my self that this guy would've let me down. And he would have, the kind of guy he is. He isn't my type.
What I'm trying to say is, since it's your best friend, I'm sure things will flow easier for you.He might even return your feelings, there is a high probability, unlike my crappy love life. But if he doesn't return your feelings it'll be that much easier for you to move on, because no matter what he will be there to help you out.
So go ahead and spill your heart to him. I'm rooting for you sweetheart!
<3




There was nothing he enjoyed more than a good book. He'd wander into the study, take down some leather-bound volume, and eat it.
— Terence Brady (dog owner)