z

Young Writers Society


18+ Language Mature Content

Mother Earth: A gang rape victim

by rishabh


Warning: This work has been rated 18+ for language and mature content.

Mother Earth: A gang rape victim

Who am I to call mother earth a gang rape victim? Who is raping our mother earth? Alternatively, in more clear language, who is corrupting the clean image of our mother earth? These are some bog-standard questions, which come in everyone’s mind. In addition, we know the rapist’s name but we cannot tell that name to others because there is not one person behind this gang rape. The entire human race is involved in this crime. Everyone (including you and me) is molesting our mother earth. If we talk scientifically then no sky-god created us, it is our mother earth, who gave us the chance to see this beautiful world from our naked eyes. Earth gave us the land, water, soil, air and other far-reaching things.

Despite of saying thanks, we are giving lot of pain to our mother earth. We have lost our mind in fucking techno-race. Today the meaning of development is limited to science and technology; nobody is talking about bringing down the poverty, malnutrition and other vital things. We are falling down as the technology is making our life simpler.

Earth, which is mother of every homosap, saves us from all the bad conditions. She faces all the tough situations like direct UV rays from sun, solar flares, erupting volcanoes, etc. she holds the hot lava inside her body so that we can walk on the land freely. She gave us the well-designed world but for the further development, we redesigned it in very ugly manner. We invented science and developed our own theories to live on earth. We forget that we are not ruling on earth, earth have the strong monopoly on us, after all we are just minuscule creatures. We are neither god nor super intelligent beings, then, why are we raping our own mother earth? Why are we drilling her chest with lots of machines? Who gave us the right to divert the natural route of rivers? Who gave us the permission to dump our fucking industrial waste into rivers? Who gave us the assent to disturb the natural habitat of wild animals? We think that we are smartly handling the earth but we are bypassing that we have done enough damage with earth. Now it’s time to darn the earth, otherwise the results will be treacherous. The renovation of our earth should start from planting more and more trees. By using the latest technology, we need to design some methods for revival of extinct rivers. We should encourage the agriculture sector. We should stop hunting animals for medicinal or other purposes.

There are many things, on which, we have to pay attention, and then only our mother earth will feel proud on the entire human race.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
271 Reviews


Points: 414
Reviews: 271

Donate
Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:31 am
Gravity says...



I'm sorry. But I was a victim of mental abuse that was of a very sexual nature, and there is no reason for you to compare our abuse of Earth to rape. Judging by the title, you did this just to get a viewer's attention which makes me sick.

So yeah. Goodbye




User avatar
1634 Reviews


Points: 67548
Reviews: 1634

Donate
Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:47 am
Deanie wrote a review...



Hey Rishabh! So I didn't get to this on review day, I apologise. But I am here now, and you may have to wait a little bit longer before review the other essay you told me you posted, about Women's Rights.

This will a short review for a short piece. You could tell you very passionate as you wrote this, by tone and it shows how much you personally care for Mother Earth and the environments we are destroying. It was really memorable, and it's a piece of work which will take a while to forget. You show us who the culprits of this act are, which is all of use, and then you tell us how we can improve our world. And as well as that, I would like to say this is the best English I've read on YWS from you yet! There are barely any spelling or grammatical mistakes! In general, I love this piece, and I loved reading it.

Because Mother Earth is a name we are giving to the land, it still follows the rule that a name needs capital letters. So just remember to always have it capitalized.

Despite of saying thanks


I think this is okay, but you should preferably put instead of saying thanks. It's like we never really say thanks at all, but still destroy the world. Despite means we do say thanks, but we still destroy the world. Really, it's what you mean to be showing, but just because of the tone you use in the essay and the words you use hereafter, I feel like instead would be a better word.

At one point you said homo sap instead of homo sapiens. In an essay or a formal piece of writing, you can't use abbreviations. If I were you, I would also avoided them in general just in case the reader doesn't know what you mean, and get put off by it. You also use some colourful language, which if it is a formal piece of writing I doubt would be allowed. But I think this was more written out of passion, so then it's okay. I think.

saves us from all the bad conditions


This is the only line I found a bit arguable. Mother Earth saves us from a lot of bad natural conditions, but not all. Earthquakes, tornados, storms, tsunamis... they have drastic impacts on us, but she causes them and doesn't stop them. So instead of saying all, I would say most. It would make your argument more secure so others could not contradict it.

I look forwards to reading the other essay you wrote when I have the time. Brilliant job done here :D

Deanie x




rishabh says...


thanks deanie...........for your valuable review.



User avatar
17 Reviews


Points: 254
Reviews: 17

Donate
Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:59 am
leilamuir wrote a review...



I'm not going to lie. It's the title of this essay that caught my attention. I agree with what you're saying. Mother Earth does deserve respect; being our home planet, we really don't have many choices to pick from.

The only things I would suggest tweaking would be some misspelled words and sentence flow. Not all of the paragraphs fit together. Especially when you go from talking about Earth being abused to humanity's plagues.

All in all, I think this was a good essay. Interesting title choice, certainly. I look forward to reading more of your work.




User avatar
68 Reviews


Points: 10065
Reviews: 68

Donate
Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:26 am
Archer wrote a review...



Interesting essay. I disagree, but that's a subject for another day.

Looking at your essay, I see three over-arching themes here: Earth is being abused by technological progress, humanity is being abused (malnutrition, poverty), and we should treat the Earth with respect.

These three themes are fine, but the second one is very much out of place. Most of your essay talks about how humanity is destroying the Earth, but then you discuss briefly the ills plaguing humanity. That's fine, but if you go into that area, you need to do more than just devote a paragraph to it. Otherwise, it distracts too much from your overall message.

Most of the meat of this piece, though, is the third theme (treating the Earth with respect) that you delve into in your third paragraph. What I'd suggest doing there is keep the raw emotion, but try to clean it up some. Separate it out into two or more paragraphs, do a quick spell-check, and go more into the solutions that you offer near the end.

Overall, this is a very raw piece at the moment, and I think that works to a certain extent. It clearly conveys your anger and your passion, and that's good. But in order to effectively convey your message, you need to clarify your language.




User avatar
61 Reviews


Points: 7583
Reviews: 61

Donate
Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:09 am
FireFox wrote a review...



Hi, rishabh! I'm here to review your essay! I typically start with a few things that could use improvement to make your piece even more powerful, and I end my review with some things that I thought you did exceptionally well.

Needs Improvement:
1. Grammar/spelling. No big deal, until you decide that you are done with the piece and you want to create your final draft of it. Grammar/spelling is the least of your worries in the beginning stages of writing. That can easily be corrected later.

2. I think you could expand on this piece even more and make this even more powerful. If this is as long as you meant for it to be, that's fine, but I feel that you could elaborate even more on this and this could be contest-material. There are so many contests you could enter this piece into, but I know there are word count requirements. I would love to read more if you were to elaborate on this!

Okay, I know some people would find the swear words to be offensive or a big deal in the case of an essay, but I think that it adds emphasis to the point you are trying to make, and it makes this essay feel more personal. For the author of this essay to use curse words to get a point across, it should tell the reader that this topic is something that the author feels strongly about. Additionally, I absolutely love the third paragraph.

Specifically, this was my favorite part: "She gave us the well-designed world but for the further development, we redesigned it in very ugly manner. We invented science and developed our own theories to live on earth."

-FireFox




rishabh says...


thanks you so much for your valuable review.




We all share half a braincell that bounces like a windows screensaver
— WeepingWisteria