Unfaithful Series

by rikkidas

Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for violence.

1)UNFAITHFUL

When often felt strong one sided efforts are all ending in vain,
This probably drives you crazy and you might feel like going insane.
Could this probably hurt you or inflict you tremendous pain,
Its when you realize the one you trusted is not a blessing, but certainly a bane.

The strong brave hearts once filled with joy were once united,
This royal companionship brought him pride and the laureate seemed to be delighted.
The mere feeling of disgust and keen affection which probably was unrequited,
The uncanny scenario brought him plight and their affair further blighted.

It was the time to choose between hell and heaven,
For it was apparent that no more oppurtunity to be given.

No love lasts forever, no beauty is eternal,
For that, the feeling of betrayal vanquished the love that resided within his internal.
The laureate lost all his patience and perseverance, and considered no longer being kind and helpful,
It was then that he had foregone his noble ways and became a goon that is indeed 'UNFAITHFUL'.

2) Betrayal Is Sweet

To like the reaction of people who are surprised,
After the realization of that they are left completely despised.
It's that feeling that will hurt you like a trauma,
After departing all of a sudden with convincingly fake drama.
The heart of the unknown knew no joy, no mirth, but pushed itself to the extent of ravish,
The soul was black, full of scorn and had deep anguish.
The sweet relationship that was glorious and colorful as an orchard,
The reasons of injected dismal left both noble souls being mercilessly tortured.
The direction of the tale of romance was getting difficult to ascertain,
The once lovely relation now seemed more like a burden.
Their emotions were contaminated by the presence of hate,
Only the Almighty knew what would be their fate.
Being together no longer felt great, seemed reasonably unjust,
It was time to untie the knot, whence lost all trust.
‘That the love was true ‘- there were no more requirements of false portrayal,
Ditch the unfaithful one and give it a sweet taste of Betrayal.

3)Murder-1

Set in early 19th century,
In the woods of southern canterbury
One traveller who walked almost a mile,
With luggages behind, he was marching ahead with style
Burdened with the curse of pain and sufferings that he had inflict,
Fled from prison, the traveller was a convict
About an year ago, at some unknown time,
Witnessed an horrible and shameful crime
In the nightly rainy atmosphere, in absense of thunder,
Paved the ground for a cold-blooded Murder
The traveller's wife was extremely loquacious,
And the poor fellow didnot considered her gracious
He doubted her involved in some external affairs,
When he noticed her mingle with an unknown entity downstairs
The wife on being enquired kept on providing excuses,
And all of their conversation ended in verbal abuses
The traveller considered her to be harmful,
And in that process lost his mind and demolished the unfaithful.

Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:14 pm
Ciblio wrote a review...

You have a lot of interesting, and very goo, points here.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:08 am

Hi there rikkidas and welcome to YWS! Nite here to review for the Apple Dumpling Gang this fine Review Day!

I would take these one by one, but they all have the same strengths and weaknesses, so I'll address them all at once.

What I like: There are some good images and metaphors, especially the last one. In fact, I'll just go ahead and say I liked the third one the best. The idea of unfaithfulness and betrayal within a relationship is nothing new, but this one managed to give us an intriguing story to express these ideas.

What could be improved: The rhyme/rhythm. Now, these two go hand in hand, which is something many novice poets manage to miss. We grow up surrounded by rhyming poetry, so we assume all poetry must rhyme. Of course, when we write lines that rhyme, we forget that rhyme alone does not create a rhythm. Line lengths and how the stressed syllables are placed is also very important. Without it, we get lines that sound strained.

These lines rhyme, but the rhythm is quite wrong. There's also a lot of "filler" words, like adverbs and small words that don't add to the meaning of the poem. Generally, being more concise is a good thing with poems. I might reword this as:

When she hurt me,
I knew she was no blessing.

Minimalist lines will hold the reader better and make your message sound much clearer.

Overall, I like the ideas and images here, but they're drowning in long lines that struggle for rhyme. In the future, I suggest tighter wording and possibly using free verse. Welcome again and keep writing! :)

Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:58 am
AfterTheStorm wrote a review...

Hiya, Rikkidas! The name's Storm, and I'll be reviewing your work on this lovely Review Night. xD Up, up, and away!

Before I transition into the actual "meat"- so to speak- of your poem, there's a few tiny grammatical/punctuational issues to address. You know, nothing major but still important nonetheless. For example, you wrote, Its when you realize ... Because the usage of "it's" here implies that it is a contraction, an apostrophe is necessary. I'm sure to know this; these types of small errors are often easy to overlook. :) No worries, no worries.

Next up: One traveller who walked almost a mile, "Traveler" only requires one 'l'.

Thirdly: ... he was marching ahead with style ... A comma is needed following "style" because the next line begins with the verb "burdened". Without the correct punctuation, it implies that the style was burdened, and not the man. :) (Unless, of course, that is what you intended. Haha)

Later, you said, About an year ago ... Do you mean, "... a year ago"?

And lastly: ... the poor fellow didnot ... In the hurriedness of posting "Unfaithful Series", you missed an itsy space between "did" and "not". But that's what editors are for, eh? ;) That wraps it up for technical nitpicks!

Overall, your content was well written, only lacking in a handful of phrases which were then followed by stronger lines. Yes, I will also mention that some of your rhyming patterns were stretched and didn't rhyme very well (such as pairing "harmful"/"unfaithful") but I am more concerned with the spelling, punctuational errors, and content development. :D

Great job, Rikkidas, with these three poems! As as always: Write on!

---Stormsie

The magic is only in what books say, how they stitched the patches of the universe together into one garment for us.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451