"Hells Waiting Room"

by Sleeplessend

Interesting

Nothing is as it seems here

Where are the fiery walls?

The never ending plummets?

Where are the constant screams of fear?

Everything looks normal

Just as it seems on earth

My soul is to be damned eternal

To a place I lived since birth?

I notice the people around me

They look nothing like threats

Oh how I’d love to grasp their throats

And watch their final breaths

Funny, even here my lust for death

Is untouched and relentless

The echoed screaming of my victims

Race like a stampeding entrance

No, the thought of not killing

Is making me circle the drain

I need to have my daily filling

Of someone writhing in pain

I need the scent of blood

I need the taste of fear

I need the sound of agony

I need the sight of tears

Everyone is looking at me

Everyone is looking at my face

“I want to heed your existence”

“I want you erased”

I come to my feet

My malicious smile hung low

“Come on my little ones”

“To hell we go”

Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:35 pm
alexiss wrote a review...

Hey SleeplessEnd! -

I like this piece because everyone wants to know what hell is like. And if they will go to hell. Anyways, I enjoyed it! Just like all your other pieces it brings me in. I know there may be people out there who will try to crush your dreams. And I don't know if you want to pursue being a writer or not but I think you should, you are very talented. A lot of readers enjoy poetry and I love your pieces. !(:

Ps, Keep writing. You are one of the best writers here on yws. (:

- Alexiss! ((((((((((:

Sleeplessend says...

Aww thank you so much for the kind woes I will definitely try to keep posting some more work on here.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:06 pm
LexCarl says...

I really love the chills I get from this poem. I'm a big fan of the creepy kinds of poetry. Edgar Allan Poe is my favorite poet after all. I'm no big authority on poem structure, unfortunately. All I can say is I enjoyed reading this. :)

(I accidentally commented on one of your reviews, whoops) xD

Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:25 pm
Jcsmooth wrote a review...

JC here for a review!

Let me start by saying I love the style and use it often myself. The short groupings of words, the small amounts of punctuation. It liberates me it makes me feel free like a writer should.

Starting off with one word in the beginning is well interesting! I have not seen this yet but I enjoy it. So from the start the person knows they've died and went to hell. Looking for something familiar or what they perceive to find in hell is an indication to me that the person was relatively sinful. Ok so the person was a murderer and wants to murder the others in the waiting room for Hell. A daily feeling of killing, that's intense I did not expect this from the title. It's as if this person is the devil himself, maybe he gets the others to follow him out of fear.

I enjoyed the style and the context of the poem. I feel it could be longer and with more of a description of the waiting room as is the title. Good job man I look forward to more.

JC

Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:22 pm
Rook wrote a review...

Wow!
I'm amazed at this poem. I loved the concept, and your rhymes were really really good. I could read it to such a creepy-sounding rhythm that brought about a nice effect. The story was perfect. The only thing I have to review here is the punctuation, and that's such a minor thing and doesn't affect the message at all. I don't want to go through and point out every little thing that could be better punctuation-wise, but if I were you and if I wanted to have "correct" punctuation," Then I would go through it and write it out as prose, and punctuate it like that.

You had some really good visuals and sensory details in here. I loved this poem. Great Job, Keep writing!
~Fortis

Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:21 pm
EloquentDragon wrote a review...

ED here to review.

I found this well, interesting... but it seemed to fall a little flat. We've seen stuff like this, a thousand times over. It's your job to make this new and a breaker of cliches.

That being said, I found this to be the most original aspect of the poem:

Everything looks normal

Just as it seems on earth

My soul is to be damned eternal

To a place I lived since birth?

Which I loved.

Overall, this needs some work. You've got a nice flow going, and I love the rhymes, they add a nice touch. Some places seem a bit rough though. You should re-read this, out loud and slowly, to catch those places. They're subtle enough where you woulnd't catch them the first time.

My malicious smile hung low

“Come on my little ones”

“To hell we go”

Now, this is a cool way to end this. The only thing was, who are these "little ones" he's referring to? The people he's murdered? If so, I think there's too much of a break between where you mention them and where he says this... thus we sort of forget who "they" are. Just something to note.

As brief as that was, hoped that helped.
~ED

P.s. It's Hell's, not Hells in your title.

Sleeplessend says...

Yes the little ones hes referring to are the ones with him un the waiting room. I thought calling where I wrotebthem looking at him would tie that together andbhim calling them little ones would kind if add more creepiness to the character. I intend on writing a short story about this because I think itbhas some good potential and I want it to be longer. BButthank you for the review I will surely use the pointers. :)

Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:16 pm
ERZA wrote a review...

Wow! Superb poetry! I liked this very much.
Now let me explain myself...
What I liked...
The sound of this poem.
The feeling I get from it.
The goosebumps I got when I read the poem.
The whole poem.
The scheme concept everything. :-D :-D

What can be done...
This can be divided into stanzas after the bugs are fixed.
Some punctuations would really help.
Needs little polishing.

Overall...
Good job! Pretty nice work! :-)

Thats all. Hope to be of some help. Have a nice day. :-)

LexCarl says...

The things you are passionate about are not random, they are your calling.
— Fabienne Fredrickson