z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Technology: Climax of Today's Generation"

by JiroYonaha


"Technology: Climax of Today’s Generation"

“Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.” That quotation came from the former President of the United States of America, John Fitzgerald Kennedy. It motivates us to be courageous to go through all the challenges in our lives. Apparently, someone was willing enough to spend their time to work on decreasing the process of manual labor for jobs and occupations. Most occupation nowadays is always within the reach of technology. Technologies also reached various aspects of life like education, communication, entertainment and security and are affected.

Technology is now an essential part of education. From printing books to viewing contents of books through the internet, the technology for education is evolving. It is not just an aid for students to learn more in a different way. It is also a manner of people to share their ideas to people as a statement from Eger (2013). Today, the internet is now the source of student’s information. They get information everyday in or outside their homes. Technology is now advanced that knowledge is now in front of you, ready to be held where you wanted to go.

Communication and entertainment are two things that technologies mostly give us. Before, communication is only present with the person you are talking to or at home on the line as Reinecke (2012) demonstrated. Nowadays, people tend to talk to their friends while in a restaurant, in the subway, in the bathroom, or in the malls. Communication wasn’t this easy before. Communication can also be present in entertainment through life lessons, and humour. Entertainment is like communication. Before, it was present in malls and TV’s at home. Now, it is everywhere; in your phone, in the billboards, in the airplane, and in your car. Technology changed our way of living through affecting these two aspects of life.

Security has always been a factor of a home. Being safe is what always matters when you are home from an article by Kumar (2013). In the present time, there are now facilities to protect yourself inside your comfort zone. Closed-circuit television or CCTV cameras are one way to be secure. Cameras set up outside your house can keep on track on people if they’re looking suspicious. There are other gadgets like those electric fences, and spy cameras on clothes. Technology can be reliable for security purposes.

Technologies have collided in our lives every day. There are these aspects of life it affects the most. From researching your homework from the internet to sleeping at night with the security cameras on, technology is reliable. Technology actually helped our lives within ease looking into these informations. Although there are some disadvantages, technology have given us more reasons to trust it. Productivity has never been this easy before technology came.

Reference list:

John M. Eger, (2013, August 2). Technology and Education: The Tipping Point?. Retrieved on August 28, 2013 from http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-m-eger/technology-and-education_b_3698440.html

Dana Reinecke, (2012). Technology for socialization: Confessions of a Facebook Hold-out. Retrieved on August 29, 2013 from http://blogs.sage.edu/achieve/profiles/technology-for-socialization-confessions-of-a-facebook-hold-out/

Mr. Jailendra Kumar, (2013, August 3). Role of Technology in provision of Security. Retrieved on August 29, 2013 from http://www.accsindia.org/blog/index.php/role-of-technology-in-provision-of-security/

1


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



Random avatar

Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:16 pm
pauuulinejoy says...



I love how you do your first sentence. It catch my attention so much! Technology helps a lot! Even us :)




User avatar


Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:18 pm
kingteejay8 says...



I love it. You've made an excellent essay. Job well done. :D




User avatar


Points: 357
Reviews: 2

Donate

User avatar


Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:36 pm
kriselleabby says...



You have a point on your essay. Keep up the good work! :D




Random avatar

Points: 315
Reviews: 1

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:39 am
Euclarkie says...



Very well said. Nice article huh, keep up the good work. :D




User avatar


Points: 378
Reviews: 1

Donate

User avatar
896 Reviews


Points: 240
Reviews: 896

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:15 am
PenguinAttack wrote a review...



Hullo Jiro!

Welcome to the YWS, I hope you enjoy posting and reviewing here! I see that your essay is about how technology has become an integral part of our society, no matter where we are. I am not sure about the parameters your assignment (I feel free to assume this is for an assignment, I hope you don't mind) and because of this, I am going to make some comments that might not fit your criteria. My apologies if that happens, feel free to ignore me.

I'm not sure why you have underlined particular lines in your essay. I understand that it is for the purpose of emphasising those lines and the point you want to make - however this is not generally appropriate for an essay format. Remove the underlining as it distracts the responder from what you are trying to say in the essay on the whole. Your referencing appears appropriate, nice work, I hate having to reference things cause it's hard to remember the order everything works in.

If this is a formal essay, you need to remove the informal language and tone, as this feels more like a conversation about how technology touches our lives, rather than a serious exploration into it. If this is an informal or personal essay I suggest that you look into every point you intend to make in the essay and make sure you aren't repeating yourself. An essay should look like this (basically);

Introduction
Quote - > Topic Sentence for entire essay -> introduce main concepts -> Concluding sentence.
Body Do this format for each paragraph in your body.
Topic Sentence - > Main point -> example -> explanation -> Concluding sentence (link to main essay idea).
Conclusion
Topic sentence -> Summary of main points - > strong/memorable concluding sentence.

Using this structure you should find that your essay develops a strong sense of purpose and focus. I hope this helps with what you're writing! Don't forget that things like television and telephones are technology as much as mobile phones and computers are.

- Penguin.



Random avatar
JiroYonaha says...


Thank you for your advice. I could have reviewed and made those minor adjustments before posting. I give you thanks again with your feedback.


Random avatar
MaxBlake says...


nice one tol best :D



Guest Avatar

Points: 240
Reviews: 100

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:01 am
lea matsuda says...



These are all true,modern technology makes our everyday life so convenient,but in the process we gradually loose human touch.But nonetheless your essay is so convincing and clear,everyone can relate.2thumbs up!

[ Edit ]


Guest Avatar

Points: 240
Reviews: 100

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:31 pm
haj takeda says...



great idea :-) your parents must be proud of you:-) keep on writing!!!:-)

[ Edit ]


User avatar


Points: 475
Reviews: 4

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:41 pm
AiraPatricia says...



Your title is very catchy, as well as your first sentence. :) You have discussed how technology is changing our lives nowadays. Very nice essay. Keep it up!




User avatar
14 Reviews


Points: 810
Reviews: 14

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:29 pm
nadinefampo wrote a review...



I agree with your idea that technology gives improvement on education and on communication. With the aid of technology, our work as a student is now easier because of its easier access to the sources that we need like the internet




User avatar


Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:30 pm
charles23mds says...



Nice one. I like your essay. Keep up the good work.





The best books... are those that tell you what you know already.
— George Orwell, 1984