Alfie the abandoned pony Book 1

by MehPandaEyesToni

The build up of Sorry everyone I havent finished book one yet!

And sorry about the bbm part I made this on Microsoft word

And I have pictures and everything on their so I'd have to publish it on my website soon maybe?...

Alfie the abandoned pony

“Morning!” Toni a girl with a black messy ponytail (high) walking down the stairs, around the corner to the front room and standing next to her mum (Helen.) Busily lean on the sofa arm, talking on the phone  and writing phone numbers into her address book.

“Morning darling breakfast on the table, tea and cereal.” Helen shouted over the phone. “Bu..but who’s on the phone?” Helen, holding the phone up to her chest, “My boss she’s going to promote me.” “Ok mum tell me after school!” Toni answered.

AFTER SCHOOL 

“Hey mum I’m back!” Toni exhaustedly dropped her bags, and got dressed in her room.

“Hey um.. Darling welcome home how was your day?” Helen was acting strange, something wasn’t right. And Toni knew what it was,

“We cant move, I know you’ve worked hard to get that promotion, but what about my friends?” Toni moaned. “I’m sorry darling, but we need this opportunity, it could really help!” Helen felt guilty

“C’mon Toni this could really be a second chance, and I thought you hated this house?” Helen explained. “And maybe I’ll be a loner!” Toni shouted sarcastically as she storms upstairs, “going to miss this place..” Toni mumbled, Helen turns to pack in the front room,Then packs everywhere.

After packing

Helen peeks through the gap of Toni’s bedroom door, she’s done packing and now she’s sitting on the floor, leaning on her bed crossed legs and texting on her blackberry  “I’m sorry darling but it’s the right decision.” Helen stops as she looks at her. “You could make new friends!...”

Hour later 

Dragging each suitcase into the huge van outside. “Last one!” Helen gasps, the van was packed up with suitcases and furniture. Toni and Helen jumped into the tree seated van as it drives away.

At the new house

“Wow this place is neat!” Toni applauded the new house, a long day of moving,Night after packed and settled

“I think this was the best thing that happened to us mum! I love this place, my room is gorgeous, sorry I doubted you mum I really am!” Toni apologized “Ok darling it’s getting late better get to sleep night!” *Kiss Kiss* Toni ran to her room to snuggle up in her warm sheets.

Midnight 12.00am

‘CRASH! Shhh (Rattle) Crshh (Footsteps on grass) *Snort!’

“Oh what’s that noise!” Toni tried to cover her ears with her pillows, she yawned and wiped her eyes. “It’s so loud!” Toni frustratingly groaned As she leaped up from her bed. Realising it was night she crept over to the window, she saw a blur in their front garden, Toni crept downstairs avoiding the creaky ones and sat their for a little while (at the bottom of the stairs,)

‘1...2...3’ She got up to open the door, her hand was shaking and she hesitated to open it. She backed away and headed back upstairs for sleep.      

Morning 9.30am

Toni running back down the stairs all dressed into leopard print leggings, some brown Ugg boots and a cream hoodie.

Already washed, dressed and fed. She said goodbye to her mum as she skipped out of the door,

“If the police ask why your off school you have just moved here Ok?.. And you have your phone on you right?” Toni nodded as she repeated the sentence in her head. As she went exploring, walking down this alleyway their was a bush near a gate. Toni felt quite un-safe here but It’s quite good to see what the dangerous unexplored parts so you know what to avoid in future, as she will be permanently living here.

She felt like a cute ninja walking down this alleyway, if anyone messed with her she’d be in  her leather black suit with a black bandanna on her face, just showing her beautiful tanned face and blue eyes, Performing rows of back flips.

Creeping around the corner

Toni crept around the corner to see something that was really horrible, their was an abandoned boy pony, 20Hands tall with a dreaded mane and tail. It’s coat hadn’t been brushed for ages, Chestnut brown with theirs a astonishing long white stripe down its face. The  white colour looked more of grey than white! Long mane and tail that brushed down to it’s

feet, which its feet and really long feathers that was almost 9centermiters. Toni stood at the gate panicking far away from the pony as she could, she didn’t know what to do and she’d never handled a pony before.

The pony walked towards her and she’d nearly hanging over the gate backwards as she tried to find the handle.

The pony stopped, it was scared as much as she was, the pony snorting as the flies surrounded its eyes, Toni felt sad watching. So she slowly approached the poor pony. Its eyes widened and the pony sniffed Toni’s hand, Toni didn’t want it to be lonely and scared, so she found a rope and tied it to its face,

Pulling it to the nearest stables to wash her and get her all clean, these stables were actually quite tidy and their was lots of nice people who let her use their pony shampoos and conditioners. Their was lots of stables available,

‘Maybe mum would let me have this pony and stay here?’ Toni thought...

“No!” Helen telling Toni “Exactly where is this pony now?” “He’s in the back garden have a look at him!” Toni innocently smirking, Helen walked into the kitchen to look out of the window. “Oh my god isn’t he beautiful!” Helen staring and walking out to the garden.“Told ya’ you would like him, he was just near a hidden gate. Stinking with flies I took him to these stables which isn’t that far away!”Toni gossiped, Helen turned around dramatically to Toni “Fine! Maybe I’ll let you keep him I’ll decide later on, k give me some time to think it over.” “Oh my gosh! I’m going to have a pony, I’ll take part in competitions and everything its going to be so cool!”  Toni gasped for breathe, Helen went out to the garden to greet the new member of the family. The pony was quite confident while she approached him, Toni went outside as well. “You like him? I could ride up to the stables on my bike every morning and afternoon, and you could help as well mum!” Toni jumped up and down excitedly.  

“Ok... How much for a stable?” Asked Helen, Toni stood jaw broke, “I saw a sign when I was washing him, its quite cheap for a stable forever is £19.99!” Helen was sighing “Is this really what you want? I’ve brought you a bunny before and you didn’t spend any time with it!” Toni looked at Helen funny “Okay You spent time with it! But it didn’t look like you were having much fun with it...” “Mum this is a pony how can I not have fun with a pony I could ride it and everything. I do

want this very much,” Toni back chatted. “Ok fine I’ll chip him and pay for whatever injections he needs so you go up to the stable to pay... What about straw? They provide Straw and hay up their and water, and buckets?” Asked Helen “Yep!”

AFTER THE VACANATIONS AND SETTLED(1YEAR)

(On blackberry messanger)

ToniMehPandaEyez:

I appreciate my mum very much for letting my baby Alfie be my pony!

NellyOnTelly: I wanna see it!!    :*

BabeyMarie: Kwl! :)

“Yay! Mum I really appreciate you moving us, getting your career otherwise we wouldn’t be this lucky!” Toni cheered :V“I’m happy too! I’m getting paid like 5times more than I was.” “Mum you deserve a night out!” Toni laughed...

Hi there MehPandaEyesToni! Nite here to get this out of the Green Room for Team Inc(red)ibles!

Now, overall, this is a pretty cute tale. As Wonder said, a lot of girls fantasize about having a pony (I definitely did when I was little).

However, not much really happens. They move and then the main character suddenly finds a pony, which her mother happily pays for? I'm pretty sure you're severely underestimating the cost of a pony as well.

The timeline is also really weird. Have you ever moved? It's a long process. At best, it takes days and at worst, it can take months. You have to buy a new house, sell the old one, pack up all your belongings (multiple trips, movers), etc. There's no way they'd be done moving in hours, unless someone is out to kill the mother or something.

I think it might make more sense to start in the new house, with the MC dealing with the post-move emotions, then finding the pony and exploring how that changes her life. Typically girls with ponies are rich, does she fit in with other riders? What other problems could this new addition cause in the MC's life.

Also, I couldn't help but notice that you and the MC have the same username and physical description (judging from your avatar). It's natural to want to write characters that are similar to us, and even more tempting to have the characters embody all the awesomeness that we can't in real life. However, there's a danger in this: such characters tend to become Mary Sues/Gary Stus. Basically these characters are flawless: they're smart, everybody loves them, and they can easily solve any conflict. They're annoying to read because they have no relation to real people. Make sure your characters have their own identities, flaws, emotions, quirks, etc.

Overall, this could be good if you put in more conflict and fixed the timeline. Keep writing! :)

Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:05 pm
Wonder wrote a review...

Hello!! :)

Okay, so I really liked the plot of this story. Who doesn't like a story about a girl and her pony?

However, there are a few things that I'd like to correct.

1.) Whenever a new person speaks, you have to make a new paragraph.

???Morning darling breakfast on the table, tea and cereal.??? Helen shouted over the phone. ???Bu..but who???s on the phone???? Helen, holding the phone up to her chest, ???My boss she???s going to promote me.??? ???Ok mum tell me after school!??? Toni answered.

Okay, so here you have both Helen and Toni speaking, in the same paragraph. Try it more like this:

"Morning, darling! Breakfast is on the table; tea and cereal," Helen shouted over the phone.
"Bu...but who's on the phone?"
Helen, holding the phone to her chest, replied, "My boss! She's going to promote me!"
"Okay Mum! Tell me after school!" Toni answered.

See the difference?
In that paragraph, I also found a few other errors. Sometimes, in your dialogue you didn't bother to write commas (don't be afraid to put commas! We need more commas in the world!!), so I also fixed that in the blue paragraph above.

2.) Again, commas. You didn't use commas in your first paragraph -- instead, you used (). I really don't know how to spell it, and I'm kind of writing this in a hurry so I can't look it up at the moment. >.<

???Morning!??? Toni a girl with a black messy ponytail (high) walking down the stairs, around the corner to the front room and standing next to her mum (Helen.) Busily lean on the sofa arm, talking on the phone and writing phone numbers into her address book.

Now, see here how I edited out the (), but kept the information.

"Morning!" Toni, a girl with a high, messy, black ponytail walked down the stairs, around the corner, and into the front room. She stood beside her mum, Helen, who was busily talking on the phone, scrawling phone numbers into her address book, and sitting on the sofa.

I have to go now, but oh well. I hoped this helped!!

And another thing: Don't use things like 'AFTER THE VACATIONS AND SETTLED (1 YEAR)'

Instead, write:

After about a year, when Toni and Helen had settled down a bit, Toni wrote a bit to her friends on BlackBerry messenger.

Or something like that. I'm not really sure what you meant by 'AFTER THE VACATIONS AND SETTLED (1 YEAR)'.

I hope this helped!

~ Wonder

Awh thanks for your massive support! I'll try to do these with my seconds book and maybe this one I'd have to edit it thou... Anywayz Thanks for writing something nice and fresh instead of copy'ing and paste'ing :P
~Toni

And then, as if written by the hand of a bad novelist, an incredible thing happened.
— Bartimaeus of Uruk