16+

Never Ending Game

by CrystalWoolf

Never Ending Game

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Z1pHLlpCgKc

Author's Note: My work maybe found on the following sites under the same user name so if you see them on another site under the name of Crystal Woolf there is no need to be alarmed since it is a favorite pen name of mine since it includes my name but shortened for easier typing.

Quotev, Figment, Wattpad, FanFiction.net

CH. 1

Ch. 1

--NINE YEARS OLD

(Loran and James)

I stared in awe at the dark haired boy who sat next to me facing the window. No, I didn’t have a school girl crush on him although admittedly he was definitely handsome. He intrigued me. In class he never spoke a word but I had been sitting beside him for a few weeks, each and every assignment handed out to him was done in a minute without a single mistake. In my eyes he was perfect. People, called him odd but I knew better. The fact that he was a genius was well hidden by his lack of talking.

The paper in front of me was filled out as well of course. I was no idiot but in comparison to the quiet boy who sat next to me, James Moriarty, I might have been. Everyone else in the classroom was still busily running their pencils across their papers occasionally stopping to contemplate a more difficult problem as I sat there trying to decipher the genius who sat beside me.

James moved his head away from the window a bit and met my gaze with an uninterested one before scanning the rest of the classroom stopping briefly at Sarah Becking, a freckled red head who sat with a stupid expression on her face a few rows across from us. Looking back at me he scanned my paper with his eyes nodding slightly as if satisfied. By now I was used to this action, it happened nearly every day. The only acknowledgement I ever received from his was a brief nod before turning back to the window. Honestly it irritated me to no end. How was I ever supposed to solve him if he never even spoke to me? I was determined to get him to speak.

Today I had brought along the rubix cube I had gotten for my birthday. I figured that a genius like him would enjoy solving problems as much as I did. Of course I had long since solved it and I was curious to see how long it took him to do it as well. The rest of class passed in its usual dull way and I swear I would have died if I didn’t have my thoughts to distract me. Once the bell rang James worked at his usual pace carefully and neatly putting everything in his back pack in the same order as he did every day. Long ago I had realized that he was a perfectionist and a neat freak, his clothes never had a wrinkle and were always more formal than everyone else’s. Most kid who tried that ended up bullied but as far as I could tell no bullies dared to mess with him. Like I said earlier he intrigued me, in a way he was my hero.

While everyone else unpacked their things I grabbed my bag and pulled out the waiting rubix cube. James took silent notice of it as I set it down on the desk for a minute so I could put away everything else. Quickly pushing my papers into my plain black folder I dropped my folder into my backpack and turned to Jim who was finishing zipping up his backpack. “James, have you ever tried solving a rubix cube?” I asked offering him the colorful cube.

He cocked an eyebrow slightly before lightly shaking his head. Beaming I tossed it to him. Catching it he looked down at it before looking up at me in confusion. “You want me to solve it?” He asked. Mentally throwing a party inside my head for managing to get him to speak I smiled.

“Of course, I know you can do it and honestly I want to see how fast you solve it. My fasted time is two minutes but that was after practicing. “ I explained. He nodded a tiny bit looking down at the cube for a second before his hands began to move. Silently I watched in amazement as he moved each piece perfectly and quickly to the right position. Glancing up at the school clock I realized it had taken him less than a minute. It had only been his first time.

“Wow.” Was all I could say for the moment, yes I had expected him to finish quicker than me but not THAT much quicker than me. “You really are a genius” I finally managed to breathe out.

He sighed before tossing the cube into the garbage that wasn’t too far behind our desk which were located in the back corner of the room. “You already knew that.” He stated evenly before beginning to walk out of the room.

I stared between him and the trash can where my rubix cube laid unnoticed in its coffin, our school trash can. Frowning a bit I grabbed my bag slinging it over my shoulder as I rushed after him. Catching up wasn’t too difficult since he always took the same path that I had by now memorized. “You owe me a rubix cube.” I muttered to him as I set my pace equal to his.

“No, I owe you a puzzle” he disagreed. “You got bored of that months ago when you stopped messing with it at recess.” My frown changed into a look of confusion as I wondered how he had known that. I always thought I was the one watching him not the other way around.

“You’ve been watching me then?” I questioned examining his face while I waited for a reply. What did he mean by a new puzzle? In all honesty the five hundred piece ones were just plain irritating.

He just kept looking forward. “I watch everyone” he answered. “You do the same thing so you can’t say it is odd. “ He added. A small smile cracked out from my straight lined face.

“Yes, I do” I admitted my small smile now large in comparison to my small face. “So what is this puzzle you are talking about then?” I asked making sure he didn’t drop the subject.

He smiled for the first time. “The biggest one out there, the real world” He answered making me look at him confused.

“Do you mean the crimes?” I asked hopefully. Yes, I was into that sort of thing. It was entertaining to try and solve the mystery before the cops. Most of the time though I couldn’t because police were a bit reluctant to give out any information on ongoing cases, instead I would settle for the old relics of unsolved cases.

He shook his head with an amused smile on his face, “Why of course. They are much more interesting than any rubix cube. “Beaming I nodded in agreement before climbing onto the bus with James Moriarty, the person who would later be my best friend.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All three of them loved to solve puzzles

They just took different paths

The Villain, the Hero, and the Secretary?

Two of them made sense but the third?

Well, she had her reasons.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I do NOT own Sherlock Holmes nor do I own any of the dialect that I use from it. What I do own is any additional characters I add into the story and my alterations to the original which make it a fan fiction. Admittedly my fan fiction starts out slower and all parts told from Sherlock's point of view up until the point when he meets my OC will be the same.Also in case you are unable to tell this story/fanfiction is based off of the BBC Sherlock Holmes, yes I have read the actual books but at the moment I find the show intriguing.

If you wish to read more I have a total of seven chapters finished for this story. Until I say otherwise the even chapters will take place in modern day and the odd chapters will be for a back history on things.

Author's Note: Thank you so much for all of your feedback and I shall do my best to listen to your advice. Also I must apologize before hand but for the purpose of this fan fiction I now have to use dialogue that you all who have watched the show know. Again sorry. I guess this is also a disclaimed, dialogue below belongs to the BBC Sherlock Holmes.

CH. 2

SHERLOCK

My smile grew as I watched the news, a live interview with Detective Lestrade on the most recent case. At first glance it appeared to be a mass suicide but there was something more, something that struck my interest. Every one of the deceased was different, too different. It was not suicide, I was sure of it. First off the victims had no reason to want themselves dead ruling out most suicide. On top of that they were all found in places they had no place being. Clearly murder, most definitely.

It irritated me when I heard the Detective say something completely inaccurate on the television so I corrected him. Easily hacking into the reporter’s phones I texted one simple word, it was all that was needed really. Sadly Lestrade ignored me and continued to speak based off what his tiny brain must have considered accurate. It was pitying really. Another incorrect piece of information and I sent another text and another along with a reminder to Lestrade. He would be coming to see me later I told myself as I headed down to the morgue.

The man laid out on the table had supposedly died of natural causes, I was positive it wasn’t really. Molly looked nervous, and attempted to joke around most likely to relieve what she must have thought was an awkward silence. Ignoring her I unzipped the bag looking down at the dead pale face of the man, “Fine, we’ll start with that riding crop.” She looked as if she was going to question me but did as I said eager to please.

She retreated from the room as I began to beat the dead man’s skin. It would help me determined how he really died. Over and over again I hit until I got tired. Molly walked back in attempting to lighten the mood with some form of joke. She began to start asking something, something was different. Immediately my eyes located it she was wearing lipstick that she hadn’t been wearing earlier. “You are wearing lipstick? You weren’t wearing lipstick before. “ I questioned stopping my scribbled writing for a moment.

She looked startled for a second and hurriedly thought up an excuse, “I…ah, I refreshed it a bit." The way she said it made it obvious she was a lie, a slight stammer when she spoke. Why she was lying I was unsure, it seemed to just be for the sake of lying.

Choosing to let it drop I spoke indicating that she should continue with whatever she was saying previously. “I’m sorry you were saying?", I asked getting her back on topic.

She looked as if she was regaining some sort of confidence as she spoke next, “I was wondering if you’d like to have coffee?”

Of course I would love to have coffee I thought in bewilderment and quickly informed her of how I liked it. “Black two sugars, I’ll be upstairs” Turning I started to head towards the lab to examine things a little further.

“Okay” She answered her voice an octave higher indicating something was the matter, or her nerves were getting to her. She had been shaky all morning I thought, she might want to look into getting a bit more sleep at times.

Not long after I started my work in the lab footsteps could be heard, they most definitely did not belong to Anne, so it was not my coffee being delivered, two men of different weight by the sound of it. Mike walked in with an unfamiliar man. “Mike can I borrow your phone, there is no signal on mine. ” I asked wanting to send a quick text.

“What’s wrong with the land line?” He asked in confusion. The land line I thought in disappointment, no texting ability. You have to speak into the thing…irritating. You can communicate much faster through text.

“Oh, I prefer to text” I explained simply sparing him the many reasons why I preferred it over calling.

He hesitated for a moment his face showing he didn’t have it on hand “Sorry it is in my coat” He stated. I was slightly disappointed but no matter.

His friend the returned soldier politely offered his. “Ah… Here use mine”

“An old friend of mine John Watson” Mike introduced stating the obvious, the only valuable information from his words was the name.

Clearly he would be my future flat mate I mused looking over his quickly before accepting the phone. He had been shot in the leg most likely but his lack of asking for a chair showed he was used to it by now. The injury was most likely the reason he had been discharged I thought to myself as started typing.

“Afghanistan or Iraq?” I asked my fingers moving across the keys of his phone. Initials were engraved in the cover showing he had a sibling.

He hesitated for a second obviously confused as to how I got that information, then again people usually were. “I’m sorry?” He asked

“Which was it Afghanistan or Iraq?” I asked again speaking clearly. He seemed to shocked at my knowledge to answer which I could consider pitying but then again most people were shocked at how much I saw.

“I’m sorry how did you…” He trailed off as Molly’s footsteps became audible and the door swung open

Smiling lightly glad to receive my coffee I moved to accept it. In the process I noted that her lipstick was missing. “Ah Molly, coffee, thank you. What happened to the lipstick?” I asked confused as to why she had taken it off.

She looked dejected as she answered. “It wasn’t working for me.”

“Really I thought it was a big improvement?” It really was a shame it had been an improvement even if it was only a small one.

“Okay” She squeaked quietly before quickly leaving the room.

“How do you feel about the violin?” I asked John wanting to test to see if he would work as a flat mate. People were easily annoyed with me, and to say finding a flat mate was difficult was an understatement.

“I’m sorry what?” He asked confused at my question. It was clear he did not understand why I was asking his opinion so I explained.

“I play the violin when I am thinking. Sometimes I don’t talk for days on end. Would that bother you, potential flat mate should know the worst about each other.” I spoke quickly trying to get this business done with as soon as possible otherwise it would no doubt get to be quite boring.

He looked shocked for a couple seconds and turned to Mike, “What? Y..you told him about me?”

Mike shook his head slightly amused at his friend’s reaction, many people were when they were introducing someone to me but there reaction most times had been worse. “Not a word”

“Then who said anything about flat mates?” John demanded.

Realizing it was time to reveal how I knew I quickly spoke trying to make the explanation as brief as possible. I was in a hurry. “I did. I told Mike this morning that I must be a difficult man to find a flat mate for. Now here he is just out to lunch with an old friend clearly disowned from Military service in Afghanistan” I summarized before adding that it wasn’t difficult in the slightest to figure any of that out.

“How did you know about Afghanistan? “ He asked curiosity mixed with him confusion from before. He was really adjusting fast I noted.

Not having time to explain that as well at the moment I continued with business, “Got my eye on a nice little place in central London together we should be able to afford it, we meet there tomorrow evening seven o’clock. Sorry gotta dash to pick up riding crop in the mortuary.” I apologized before beginning to walk towards the exit.

“Is that it?” John asked looking slightly shocked but it wasn’t the same type of shock as before, it was directed more it seemed at me than anything I had said.

“Is that what?” I asked for clarification. Human words were harder to predict the meaning of. I could figure out where they had been, who they had been around recently, and what they liked but this was not exactly my forte. As some people told me I did not know how to communicate.

“When we just met we are going to go look at a flat?” He asked as if it was odd somehow. It seemed perfectly logical to me. I had already confirmed him to be a decent enough flat mate and he so far had not objected to sharing a flat with me.

“Problem?” I asked, what I could tell from how he spoke was that he wasn’t about to change his mind about sharing the flat which was a relief of sorts but left the question of what his problem was if it wasn’t that.

“We don’t know a thing about each other. I don’t where we are meeting. I don’t even know your name.” He stated as if trying to convince me of some non-existent issue.

I turned and look directly at him for the first time before proving to him that I did know a thing about him. If those were his issues I would quickly resolve them. “I know you are an army doctor and you been over living in Afghanistan. I know you have a brother who is worried about you but you won’t go to him for help because you don’t approve of him. Possibly because he is an alcoholic but more likely because he recently walked out on his wife, and I know your therapist thinks your limp is slightly traumatic quite correctly I am afraid.” I recited before stating simply, “That is enough to be going on don’t you think?” Moving towards the door I quickly stuck my head out and resolved the rest of his issues. “The name is Sherlock and the address is 221B Baker Street.” Inclining my head slightly I bid them afternoon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author;s Note: Now this is going back to the past again with all original dialogue etc. I do not own Moriarty of course.

Ch. 3

FOURTEEN YEARS OLD

(James and Loran)

I laid out on James’ immaculate bed with a sigh reading through the newspaper for anything interesting. The other kids my age only read the comics, for me the comics were dull, without any form of amusement for me. James was the same which was probably why the two of us found ourselves cooped up in his room on a pleasant summer day bored out of our minds. We had long since solved all of the old cases we had come across and my mother refused to let us go to some other more populated city to have a fresh set off puzzles. It was obvious she didn’t approve of my past time but them again she never did. More than once she compared my cork bored full of newspaper cut outs and

sticky notes to a criminal’s target list.

She really didn’t understand me I thought as I flipped to the section on recent crimes. Our town was dull, it never had enough puzzles to be solved I thought in disappointment as I read the title of the first article on the page.

An Unexpected passing

Reverend Higginson was found lying dead in the forest yesterday. Police say it was a homicide but so far no suspects are to be found. Everyone who knew the Reverend must surely be grieving the loss of such a fine down to earth man. More information will be released as the case unfolds.

I looked happily up from the newspaper to where James was wearily clicking off another news site that he must have deemed worthless, “Boring, the whole lot of them. All I have to do is read the first paragraph and I can predict the rest. Since when was life so dull? “ He asked.

I knew he was talking to me, I was after all the only person he ever spoke a word to other than his mother who still got the silent treatment most of the time. James said she was dull and without a brain in her head, personally I found her quite pleasant but I would never argue with James. Remembering the article in my hand I jumped up from the bed quickly slamming down on the desk in front of James excitedly. It wasn’t an open closed case like the rest of them. There were no suspects yet, nothing really other than the fact that he died. The article didn’t even mention how he died! Excitement was growing in me as James stared up at me for a second in confusion glancing over at the now wrinkled bed covers as well.

Looking down in embarrassment I mumbled a small apology before continuing to present the article I found in a few words I knew he’d understand. “I found something interesting.” I stated pointing down at the now crinkled newspaper.

Before he even looked at it I watched as he carefully straightened it out relieving every bend in his usual way. Finishing he started to read. Slowly a small smile crept across his perfect face, yes, James was handsome but that just added to the reasons why he was still my hero. At one point he had just been my hero who I never spoke to, now he was my friend as well.

“Finally something has come up.” He grinned carefully folding the newspaper before standing up and heading towards the door. He knew I would follow, I always did. Rushing to catch up I equaled my pace to his and we walked in silence towards the police station.

It wasn’t that far from his house really just a couple blocks, then again most things were close by. He lived in an apartment complex so there were loads of families living amongst each other. I did too but that was beside the point. James seemed impatient today and hailed a cab for us to take.

The ride, as all rides passed in silence. James quickly examined the driver and looked at me as if he expected me to do the same. No, correction he did expect it. Recently he had taken it upon himself to teach me how to analyze things, starting from people. I let my eyes run over the driver and the contents of the vehicle casually as James had taught me to occasionally stopping for a second on items that were a give away like the ash tray in the front but no ash on the man’s sleeves. So he wasn’t a smoker but he was prepared for people who were to enter in the vehicle without putting out their cigars. His messy hair and the large bags under his eyes that I could see in the rear view mirror said he had been sleeping on a cheaper mattress than he was used to and had hits some hard times. That was one thing about analyzing people, after you knew where they had been and what they had been doing you were either disgusted or pitying them.

The man’s accent said he was from the main city London and his attire was worn, hand me downs most likely confirming my original statement. He was struggling. As we pulled up next to the station James was about to pay in exact cash but I stopped him handing him twenty extra dollars before saying, “Keep the change” as I dragged James out. He would be mad at me for wrinkling his ironed shirt no doubt but at the moment I didn’t care.

I waved goodbye as the cab drove away pleased that I had helped the man at least a little bit. James straightened out his clothes and shook his head at me, “Loran you just gave away all of your allowance to someone who actually has a paying job. “ I shrugged slightly.

“He needed it” I stated simply.

James breathed deeply as if trying to calm himself. “No, he would have made due even if it meant getting involved with some shady actions. He has a wife and a newly born daughter who he is determined to care for.” He finished making me looked at him in amazement again.

Letting go of my breath I spoke, “Yep you always beat me. It is hopeless even trying…” I joked making him frown.

“I thought you wanted to solve puzzles?” He asked. Making me smile of course I did I was just playing with him. Honestly the majority of the time we only joked about morbid things. I figured we should joke about normal stuff too…As if reading my thoughts he spoke.

“We are not normal, and saying you don’t want to be interesting anymore isn’t funny.” He stated walking towards the door without waiting for me. Irritated I ran to catch up. I always had to run to try and catch up whether it was in intelligence or solving our little games he was always three steps ahead of me.

Panting I spoke, “So if I decided I was no longer interested in crimes then I would no longer be interesting?” I asked sincerely. We had been best friends for five years now, if this was seriously how far our friendship went then I felt slightly lost and empty. He was my only friend. At one point I had a few other friends but that was before I became friends with him. They had all thought he was odd, so I told them off and stayed beside him.

He seemed caught off guard by my questioned and looked at me as if I was a new found puzzle. “Yes, because if you stopped liking challenges then you wouldn’t be Loran Jones.” He stated with blunt honesty that made me relieved.

Nodding in agreement I took the steps two at a time and arrived ahead of James for once. Smiling broadly I opened the door as James chuckled lightly under his breath entering alongside me. The Secretary Evangeline smiled as she saw us enter. She had an extra coat of lip stick on and new eyeliner that made her eyes stand out much better than the overwhelming black one she usually wore. It was clear she had a date after she got off work that she was looking forward to and based on how happy she was it was most likely the lawyer Mr. Jacobson. He was okay looking I guess but he didn’t seemed to fit with her I thought disappointingly.

“Why am I not surprised to see you two here?” She asked. “I swear you guys are here every time we get an odd case. “ She stated with a smile showing off her mostly perfect teeth, she has one that was slanted ever so slightly to the right but it could go mostly unnoticed. We had been here every time there was an “odd” case as she called it because they were the only ones worth us coming here I thought forcing a smile.

James looked bored but still remembered to speak; I had been trying to get him to be more social so far it was a mission in progress. “Good morning Evangeline. I notice you bought a new blouse, it does look marvelous on you…next time I would suggest a shade lighter though because it would bring out the color of your hair more.” He complimented while giving advice. The way he said it sounded sincere but I knew he wasn’t. Yes, he meant what he said about how she could improve it but there were three wrinkles in her shirt that although not terribly obvious must be irritating James to no end.

It worked anyways and Evangeline smiled, “Why thank you James I will keep that in mind. You seem less shy now.” She added in an attempt to compliment him. Honestly I thought rolling my eyes. Shy? James was never shy he just never say any reason to speak to someone he deemed dimwitted like her. She was a secretary and for good reason. Most secretaries were intelligent but her job was pretty much just answering the phone and letting people in. It was mindless.

A sign rested neatly on the pale green wall behind her desk that I had memorized and found quite humorous each and every time. Employee’s only, not open to the public. On it there was an arrow pointing to the sturdy door that was located beside it. We entered through that door. It was a short cut to Detective Wilson’s office that was normally invitation only; we had an open invitation for any time that suited our fancy.

As we entered the office it was obvious he was a bit stressed his greying hair was sticking up a bit from where he had ran his fingers through it wearily. Paper work laid strewn across his old oak desk and his ancient computer was on open with at least seven different things running at once. He looked up and sighed as if his day just got worse by seeing us, “Sorry kids” He apologized, “We are in the middle of a real case. You can’t play around here right now. “

Beside me James looked like he was about to laugh, I on the other hand found myself thoroughly insulted. Sure we hadn’t been allowed onto a lot of the case but we had still found out who the guilty party was before they ever did. We were the ones who had handed them many of their perps and now he was acting as if we were just getting in the way. “Umm, we didn’t come here to play. We came here to help.” I informed him with a slight frown letting him know that I was not pleased by his incorrect assumption.

James smiled broadly and let out a small laugh. “No, we came here to play alright.” He looked into Detective Wilson’s eyes with amusement circling in his own dark brown eyes. “we came here to solve a puzzle.” James’ voice sounded as if he had just cracked a joke and admittedly I found in relatively funny. On the other hand Wilson clearly did not his stressed expression was replaced by an unamused one.

“Very funny James, now as I was saying you aren’t needed here.” I noticed one of the papers on his desk that I had originally assumed had escaped from one of various classic yellow files that scattered his desk was a letter. My eyes quickly scanned it to see if I could find any useful information, and it did. The information did not pertain to the case and instead to why he was so against us participating in this case. Their department was getting inspected to ensure that they were following protocol as they went about their jobs. Having fourteen year old kids around to solve the cases I guess didn’t exactly meet protocol.

Smiling slightly I spoke up, “Does you saying that have anything to do with the inspectors coming today?” I asked. His eyes widened in shock that he couldn’t cover up quickly enough. Yes, that was definitely it. I had already figured it was but I just wanted to make sure.

“How did you know?” He looked over the two of us then shook his head, “Oh, never mind I will never understand how you guys get your information he said exasperated. “Yes, every one of us could get fired for letting kids freely in and out of the department. We are supposed to keep everything quiet until a case is solved but we share information with fourteen year olds.” He shook his head. “I can only imagine what they would say if they found out that we have been letting you guys have free access to all of the cases since you were ten!” he exclaimed while I shrugged not exactly understanding the issue.

James laughed, “So you admit it. Yes, but if you don’t let us on the case it won’t be solved until this time next year.” He stated coldly. “Idiots” he muttered under his breath where only I could hear it.

“So the issue is that you have kids solving your more difficult cases?” I asked trying to make sure I understood. This was ridiculous! So what if we were fourteen, like he said we had been doing it for four years now. Every office knew us by name and not because we were criminals but because of our reputation. We were on a first name basis with nearly everyone in the entire department, well besides Detective Wilson, we treated him as if he was actually our boss…I did at least, James was a bit less respectful if respectful at all.

Wilson winced at my bluntly honest comment before nodding a pained expression etched into his face. “Yes, you can say it like that. “ I guess he didn’t like how I phrased my words but I didn’t like how he was trying to keep me off of this case. It had been weeks since there was something interesting!

“What are we supposed to do for the next week then while you are being inspected?” I asked completely confused. Summer time was so boring right now. Analyzing people could only provide so much entertainment. James was smiling out of the corner of his mouth at my comment but seemed to agree which made me pleased.

Wilson’s mouth dropped open slightly in annoyance. “You two do realize that murder is a bad thing right? Most people grieve for the loss of someone, or at least pity them. “ He tried. My eyebrows scrunched down in confusion. So we obviously weren’t most people? What was he trying to get at I wondered? All he was doing was stating a fact as a question.

James answered for me. “Yes, but most people are boring; at least in their deaths they provided some form of entertainment.” He spoke honestly. I must admit I wasn’t thrilled with his was of putting things put I clamped my mouth shut telling myself that I would deal with it later.

Detective Wilson lifted up his hands, “Another reason why I shouldn’t let you two on the cases. I feel as if I am turning you guys into monsters. You have seen what twenty dead bodies? Kids shouldn’t be exposed to this kind of thing.” Immediately I wanted to argue with him. I wasn’t a monster! Quite on the contrary I was kind, well somewhat kind. Firmly implanting the cabbie in my mind I convinced myself that I was most definitely not a monster.

A bored look appeared on James’ face. “Twenty seven technically and nothing you could do could ever turn us into monsters. If anything our actions are by choice. “He was right I mentally agreed counting through all of the different dead bodies we had examined in the morgue to make sure the cause of death was accurately listed in the reports. Sadly most of the time it wasn’t so people like us had to go in and correct them, well us, there was no one else like us.

The detective shook his head for about the thousandth time. “That is it I think I am going to reinstate our confidential policy. It is illegal to let any information spill out to anyone who is not on the case. “

“We are on the case” I interrupted impatiently. “and what is the point in kicking us out, like James said it just means your cases will never get solved?”

Wilson looked annoyed as he spoke louder than normal indicating that I had hit some sort of nerve. “We are perfectly capable of solving cases without the help of teenagers!”

“Not really” James said in an even voice still somewhat bored. Wilson shot him a death glare before pointing a finger towards the door signifying that we should leave. James nodded slightly before grabbing my wrist and leading us out of the room. We passed by Evangeline again who seem to realize she wasn’t supposed to let us in. Yet again I found myself board.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:40 am
deleted17 wrote a review...

What the heck? I thought that you were writing a mystery novel! Not some thing like this! But, seeing as I just HATE mysteries... I liked this one though lots of grammatical errors... It should be' DID you... ' not 'does you' that's all I'm going to say. And the last line Bored. Not Board, unless you meant to have satire. It does have an AIR of Sherlock Holmes I might just say. But what is the meaning of this novel? It doesn't make any sense! What's the point of this? WHO IS THE THIRD?! WHAT THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU WRITING ABOUT? I did rather enjoyed it, rather painfully I might admit. But haters are going to hate... and I'm one of them. >:l

Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:23 am
devigonewild says...

wow, this is a very nicely written piece of work! I don't watch Sherlock but my best friend has. I will get her to read this (;
I can tell that this is carefully thought out and the story plot is already starting to look good. Yeah, I'm not too sure what else, I picked up a couple of little flaws with the way you write, but otherwise its really good.
great job, can't wait to read more. c:

Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:57 am
yubbies21 wrote a review...

I have never seen nor heard of Sherlock, but it was amazing how quickly I got interested in it. It is obvious that you put alot of careful effort and thought into this. You did an excellent job on editing this piece. Like TheLegend said, try using some more creative words in this story. It will just spice it up perfectly and make it a more interesting idea. If you get stuck, try using this site. http://thesaurus.com/ This really helps me when I need to add some different and exciting words into my writing. I can't wait to see more!

XxKaixX says...

This is really good! I may not watch Sherlock but this really drew me in! I don't see any problems with this but I'm not the best mistake-searcher. I really think you should keep going!

CrystalWoolf says...

Thank you and I plan on continuing :)

TheLegend wrote a review...

An amazing piece of carefully edited and well thought out writing. That probably doesn't make sense but this book in intriguing so far. I think you have a gift and should continue writing. I have just one idea for you to consider though. Use some different words. You use a lot of adjectives but try using some other words. For example. Instead of saying small, try using the word petite. stuff like that. I hope i have been of help and i cant wait to read more and see what you come up with next.

CrystalWoolf says...

Thank you so much and you are helping. I realize I need to be constantly trying to go out of my comfort zone of a handful of words and use the words that I already know...I also need to keep learning new words. Augh, lots to work on. Thank you so much for the feedback!

ShadowHunter wrote a review...

I love the show Sherlock, and I think you are doing it justice. I loved how Sherlock was friends with Moriarty when they were kids. The one thing that I would complain about is the fact that you made Moriarty out to be smarter than Sherlock, in the show and in the books, they are evenly matched in wits. It was interesting that you didn't include any females in the first chapter, but you clearly mentioned a girl in the summary and you had a secretary in the list of the three, so I am interested to see who the third one is. I find it curious that you have also not yet incorporated John in the story, most people would have him and Sherlock be friends and Sherlock making an enemy of Moriarty, but that could also be the defining factor of your fanfiction. I can't wait to see where you take this and I will definitely read the rest of the chapters.

CrystalWoolf says...

Umm, I did add a female...The character narrating this part is female and an OC. If it was Sherlock I would have made him more intelligent. Sherlock gets introduced later I was unaware that it wasn't obvious so I shall have to go back and fix that...Your ideas are wonderful and I shall take them into account. Thank you so much for the feedback.

find your aesthetic and flaunt it
— manilla