The Journals of Maynard Ray: The 144 Heavens

by abelgaiya

We have often pondered over the possibility of other life form-inhabited planets, alternate dimensions, anomalous realms, and metaphysical worlds. However, very little is known about them.

In the holy book of the Christians, a 'third heaven' is mentioned. This makes one consider the genuineness of that assertion, and the possibility of having more 'heavens' if the assertion is veracious.

Well, I have authenticated it and found out that there is indeed a third heaven. There is also a fourth heaven, and a fifth, and a sixth, up to 144.

By the word heaven, what is meant is a metaphysical location which can only be seen and entered by beings made up of the transcendental matter known as Spiritus Corpus which is Latin for 'Spirit Body'. This is what most people refer to as spirits or ghosts.

When I found out that there were doorways on earth which led to all 144 heavens, I was determined to journey to one of them. I ventured out to acquire a concoction from a local Indian priest. The substance, called bhÄvanÄ rilÄ«ja which crudely means 'spirit release', contains a manipulated form of the chemical compound Potassium Chloride. The substance was to temporarily 'kill' me and enable my spirit to escape my physical body, so that I may have access to the heavens.

The exercise was successful, and while my body laid in total dormancy (the substance preserves my inactive body system for approximately 10 to 12 minutes, after which my body permanently dies), I was involuntarily drawn into a light blue swirly portal which seemed to me to be quite a lot like the wormhole of Albert Einstein's theory.

I landed clumsily in on a ground of the softest nature. It was then that I realized that I was completely naked. I sought to cover my self when I looked around and for the first time, noticed the gargantuan white gate which stood miles away from me. I noticed that people of similar forms (naked and slightly glowing) suddenly appeared in front of the gate and instantaneously vanished, all within a second. It was apparent that they were being teleported to the fourth heaven (which I eventually got to know was Tartarus), or to the third heaven (Shamayim) based on their judgment. That place where I currently was was the first heaven (Katrhiba)

I was not dead, and that was the reason for my extraneous landing. I looked around and saw another portal at a distance. I walked to it; a feat which consumed much of my time. This second portal was of a colour which is not present on earth. I cannot describe such a colour, for it seemed very strange... but then again, everything I've been doing for the past 40 years is strange.

I emanated from the portal and landed on a floor which seemed to be one large mirror. The entire plains were mirrored, and yet, my reflection could not be viewed; this was probably because the Spiritus corpus has not physical element and thus, cannot possess shadows and reflections. This time, I landed firmly on my feet. The heaven which I was in was bustling with beings walking here and there. I saw an individual who seemed to be a guard of some sort; for he had on a golden armour and wielded an unusually thin sword. The sword was so thin, that I believed it would shatter at single effortless strike of a real battle blade.

I approached the man and asked him for the name of my location. He said, in a low hissing tone, 'Sisimayi, the seventh heaven.'

Suddenly, I could feel the portal from whence I came drawing me back. I knew that I was being resuscitated with the counter substance. In the blink of an eye (although I found it strange that I did not for once blink while I was in spirit form), I found myself traveling at an extreme speed back to the first heaven, and then through the first portal back to my human body.

That was the first time I visited the metaphysical worlds. In later years, I got to travel countless more times, that I was very familiar with the locations and the destinations within the worlds.

StoneHeart wrote a review...

Okay, so this was interesting, and, as far as I know, unique.

Your names/words are a bit hard for an English speaker to get out, but they're very, very interesting!

So, as far as I know the bible doesn't mention multiple heavens, but this is still a very interesting idea. I'm starting to think of C.S. Lewis' space trilogy.

Your style is a bit hard on a modern reader, it's like a mix of the biblical style of writing and proper novel writing style. . . .

Remember this, in the 19th century novelists tended to write a lot of narrative summary, describing things, that was really popular back then. You do it here. But sadly, it isn't now. Remember this: Modern readers want action, they don't want description, they want action and a good emotional experience. Seriously, are the books that you've enjoyed the most the ones with chapters of description or high speed action (The Count of Monte Cristo versus PJATO is an example of two VERY different books with very different paces written in very different times).

You should really try to make things a bit more personal with your main character, that would really be better!

Not so 'out there'!

But! Good work, the way this is going seems interesting!

~Black~

abelgaiya says...

The bible mentioned a 3rd heaven in 2 Corinthians 12:2. This was the premise for the story.

Jonathan wrote a review...

Know how could there be more than one heaven I have read a good deal of the bible maybe heaven is mentioned 144 times but not exactly that there 144 heavens.

OK your not really being clear here your talking about heaven and then wham you are talking about spirits bods.

Hmm this is really really interesting although some of it is impossible and another thing it says is in the bible is that you have to be as good as you can and then you can go to heaven. :D

I really liked it but did you have a really reason besides just wanting to write.

Any way keep writing and good luck this was awesome.

Forever is composed of nows.
— Emily Dickenson