16+ Language Mature Content

Forever Evergreen.

by LemisaLeaZeor

Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for language and mature content.

(chapter one- this a collaboration I wrote, with my best friend, just because we were bored! This may or may not contain language and mature content in future chapters. Rated 16+ just in case!)

Rushing down the stairs Hermione Granger made her way to the kitchen. It was only 7:30am and her parents were not up yet. Tomorrow she would arrive at the Burrow to spend the rest of her summer break there. "Last year of school!" She said aloud, unexpectedly punching the air with her fist. Hermione had finished her summer reading, planning on resting for the last few days. After filling a bowl with cereal she slumped down onto a chair at the dining table. Sitting on top was a letter, the flap closed with a green stamp. Emerald green? No, more evergreen.

Placing her bowl down at the table Hermione picked up the envelope- dubious about the idea. She had received a letter, from Hogwarts, a few days previously, informing that she had earned the position as Head girl. For a moment, she panicked. It had been delivered by Owl, had her place been taken from her? No, the return address stamped on the letter wasn't one she had recognised. "Evergreen Manor?" Turning the letter back over Hermione stepped back in consternation. Had he eyes deceived her? Hermione thought everything over. No, it was addressed to her father....Peter Evergreen, 134 Greenwich Avenue. The letter faced with the stamp facing up, engraved with an "E" (a/n I just realised how I keep messing up the position of the letter, if you get what I mean)

Hermione decided, in her moments of shock, to back away and forget this ever happened.

Unfortunately for her it was a Howler...

"Dear Peter,

I know that this may appear sudden, but your father and I have decided that it's time for you to return back to Midori House. Your daughter needs to realise that she is not Hermione Granger the mudblood but Hermione Evergreen the pureblood. Peter, we will except Susan in to the family, as it seems to be the only way to bring you back; however you must come to live on the manor we bought for you as gift. I am sending around Edward Zabin as well as his wife, Lydia. Since you both treated one another as brothers, I would love it for Hermione to treat Blaise as the brother she never had. Peter, enclosed this envelope, as you may found already, is your dragon claw wand; so use it!

How in Merlin' s lifetime had Hermione gotten into Gryffindor, you yourself were a Slytherin. Don't explain your blood status to Hermione, allow Blaise to do that himself.

From your concerned mother and father, Ingrid and Malik Evergreen."

The last few words were exaggerated with spite. Hermione stood there paralysed. Was this some kind of prank set by Fred and George?! Finding it hard to mentally process that she may or may not be a pureblood the Howler disintegrated into shreds. Bringing herself together Hermione couldn't bare the fact that she'd have to accept Blaise as a brother! No chance!

Dracula wrote a review...

Harry Potter <3

I must admit that when I started reading this, I thought it was going to be a Dramione fanfiction, what with the green stamp and the Malfoys' Slytherin pride. But that assumption obviously changed and I'm glad. I love the plot that you've set and how you gave that little bit of foreshadowing with the evergreen stamp. I never even considered that Hermione wasn't a muggle when reading the books, but now the idea makes a lot of sense.

This isn't really necessary, just something that I prefer when reading books, but to make the letter stand out more you could perhaps put it into italics.

One more thing. Have you ever watched the CBBC show Young Dracula? I noticed you put Ingrid and Malik together and that's a pretty fantastic ship in the show. :)

Oh my gosh you are right, it will be a dramione fanfic. Also I have watched Young Dracula and that's exactly where my friend got the names from. <3

Kanome wrote a review...

Hello, Lemisa.
Kanome here with a review for you.

I see that you are doing a Harry Potter fanfiction, but it's all about Hermione.
I love the Harry Potter series c:
And I love the fact you chose to do a different character's perspective instead of just Harry.

A few corrections are needed, if I may:
"Rushing down the stairs, Hermione.. -"

Recognised - Recognized

"Unfortunately, for her, it was... -"

Paralysed - Paralyzed

Other than that, I would love to read more of this fanfic...
I personally love the story plot of this. It's new and unexpected.
Hermione isn't a muggle? That surprised me c:

Keep up the good work, my friend.

Thank you! ^_^

I'm from England, that's why I spell the words differently. Like recognised with an "s" instead of a "z"

Kanome says...

Aaah, okay, I understand.

I've uploaded chapter 2

AdmiralKat wrote a review...

Hello! KatyaElefant here to review! I have to say, I love this idea of a fan fiction! You have to continue!
NITPICK (for spelling):

No, the return address stamped on the letter wasn't one she had (recognised).

(a/n I just (realised) how I keep messing up the position of the letter, if you get what I mean)

. Your daughter needs to (realise) that she is not Hermione Granger the mudblood but Hermione Evergreen the pureblood.

The last few words were exaggerated with spite. Hermione stood there (paralysed.)

Hermione couldn't (bee) the fact that she'd have to accept Blaise as a brother! No chance!

All these quotes have something that is misspelled in them. They are in parentheses for you to see. What I advise to do(If you can), before you post this online, check for spelling errors by using Word. It helps point out most of your mistakes.

I love this idea so much! Just the plot twists in here, I mean this is awesome! I love how you decided to make Hermione, pureblood but not only that, a Slytherin. I just love that so much! You tenses are great(I have trouble with that). The overall idea is great. It is fast paced so far and I think you should continue with this idea until you have this great story. I personally think that J. K. Rowling needs to make something like this as a plot twist. Keep writing and be sure to tell me when your next piece comes out! :D

Thank you! My friend and I are working on the next few chapters at the moment.

I'm from England, so that's why I spell the words that listed with an "s" not a "z"

* that you listed.
I'm glad you liked the idea
! ^_^

AdmiralKat says...

Okay. That grammar thing bothered me a bit because teachers go spell it this way or you DIE! I would be like 0-)

Oh lol. Ok

I've uploaded chapter 2

Someday, everything is going to go right for you, and it will be so wonderful you won't even know what to do.
— Hannelore Ellicott-Chatham, Questionable Content