Convictions of a dead man

by spanaki93

" The Lecture"

He always doudted me..and he will always be firm to that conviction of his.Always believed that he did the right thing...so stuck to his own beliefs and aspirations for life that it made me sick to even think of him as a "normal" person...I mean each time I tried to talk to him and tell him what I really believe or express a wish of mine, he would either promise to grunt it or tell me that he would consider it impossible..it's very frustrating and at the same time agravating.

It makes me wonna cry or kick myself and give in...but I am born to be free and I simply find it truly suppressing and....sad not to be able to express myself properly and above all freely.Sometimes it feels as though I am talking to a lifeless object waiting for it to respond but of course to no avail.Hilarious-isn't it?He just brings the worst or the best of me to the surface.I know that some of you would like an explanation to that, but I am not ready enough to give it yet.Perhaps I do not want to admit some things...and I simply make myself suffer.Of course you might feel a bit confused and even the thought of "What the hell am I doing here listening to him?"might cross your minds but I promise that everything will be soon clarified.I hope you don't get bored though at the process...hehe...You are all free to leave of course if you wish so.

"No, please proceed..."

Thank you...that's really kind of you.Well..where was I?

"The part where you said that everything would be clarified"

Oh,right.Well, that person or maybe "well" isn't the right word to begin with.I believe that the word which would suit this occasion is...

"Yes?"

Well, I think we should take a break for a while..how about lunch?You've all be waiting too long for a silly old man such as myself to arrive and enlighten you with the story of his life.Don't you think?

I stood there for a while totally alone in this grand room looking at the blackboard. I could smell the dust and the stiff scent of white chalk filling the air..it wasn't unpleasant...suddenly out of nowhere just as he always would an old friend appeared."Charles..where have you been you little mousy?"I always hated it when he called me that, but he was usually right when he did.But I wonder why now?Mmmm...

" Hehehe..you've finally found your way outta your whole..."

I am not sure what he meant by that but again I probably was.He stood right in front of me looking nowhere in particular when he finally met my gaze.A tiny smile forming at his lips and then it finally struck him.He burst at huge laughters...I couldn't prevent myself from popping my eyes, but that made him laugh even more I couldn't possibly imagine what he found so funny, but then was when it struck me too.I started to laugh so fervently that I had to hold my stomach in order to be able to breathe...

A discrete cough from my audience caught my attention and I stopped abruptly."So, how was your lunch?"I asked in an attempt to ease things a bit.

"Apparently, not as pleasurable as yours professor."A young man replied.

"I wouldn't have thought so." I said with a grin.

lostthought wrote a review...

Ok, let's review this pop stand. I may or may not be copying so of the other person's nitpicking so don't judge me here.

Ok, here are the nitpicks-

He always doudteddoubted me..,and he will always be firm to that conviction of his.

"The part where you said that everything would be clarified."

Ok, I saw that big paragraphs that show someone speaking isn't always punctuated with quotation marks. You need those quotation marks to show that they are doing. Also, everywhere you have double period would be much improved by commas. I won't correct some misspellings because perhaps that is really what he is saying.

Ok, past the nitpicks. This is really good but I am also wondering who the dead man from the title is. This could be more understandable if you placed you're thoughts in the right order. I'm curious to whom this crazy man is talking to.

Well, keep writing!

-lost

inspirus wrote a review...

You clearly have a story to tell. The only problem is that your thoughts are not organised. One must really have an intent to understand what you were trying to say and that does not play well with your prospective readers. Organise your thoughts in a way that your reader would not have to ask you what you meant by your writing.
Check your punctuation and your spellings too. The first part started with speech and there were no speech marks and that was really confusing. There were no descriptive passages in between the speech to clarify the details too. You have to implant the setting into your reader's mind and that involves a lot of descriptions in between long speeches.

"He always doubted me and he will always be firm to that conviction of his. Always believed that he did the right thing, so stuck to his own beliefs and aspirations for life that it made me sick to even think of him as a 'normal' person... I mean, each time I tried to talk to him and tell him what I really believed in or even expressed a wish of mine, he would either promise to grant it or tell me that he would consider if it were possible. It's very frustrating and at the same time aggravating."

I was not sure they were paying attention to me but i decided to keep on talking. I could not stop myself...I had beaten my threshold for silence.

"It makes me wanna cry or kick myself and give in...but I am born to be free and I simply find it truly suppressing and....sad not to be able to express myself properly and above all freely. Sometimes it feels as though I am talking to a lifeless object waiting for it to respond but of course to no avail. Hilarious-isn't it?"

Silence. Again, i decided to continue with my lecture when the obvious signs were for me to keep my mouth shut.

"He just brings the worst or the best of me to the surface.I know that some of you would like an explanation to that, but I am not ready enough to give it yet.Perhaps I do not want to admit some things...and I simply make myself suffer.Of course you might feel a bit confused and even the thought of 'What the hell am I doing here listening to him?' might cross your minds but I promise that everything will be soon clarified.I hope you don't get bored though at the process..."

The brief hint of laugh escaped my lips. I curled them tight in preparation for the dare.

"You are all free to leave of course, if you wish so."

See how the descriptions in between the speech create a picture in your mind? It helps your reader see what you see in your mind and in turn appreciate your imagination.
Also, you have loads of spelling mistakes. That is very natural by the way. Just write the story elsewhere in word where it helps you proofread then copy the work here. Spelling mistakes turn off your reader and make them assume that you have nothing to tell them.
Your imagination is really active and it seems that your only issue is translating your minds thoughts into words, expressing thoughts to be precise. The only way to learn that is by reading more novels. Try to see how other people express their thoughts and use that to tell your story and im sure it will be wonderful. :)

spanaki93 says...

Ok, first of all thank you so much for the great review.You are absolutely right in everything you said.Your suggestions make this piece better!!Thanks again, for your time!

I don't care what the miserable excuse is for showing the death of books, live, on screen. Men, I could understand; but books! -
— Edwin Morgan, From the Video Box 2