z

Young Writers Society

Anything and everything.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:29 pm
housecat says...

I'm new to this, but I need your honest opinions and all the advice I can get! These fall in no specific category, just things I took around the house or outside.

Keep in mind that I haven't edited these yet!

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

All reviews will be appreciated!
Last edited by housecat on Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:46 pm
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Picture 1: This is a nice picture. I like the contrast of the black on cream- you probably didn't do that intentionally- and I love the fact he looks like he's grinning. Cute! :3

Picture 2: I love the fact that the tree trunk isn't centered, and the bark is full of sometime undestinguishable scrawl. I also like the leaves form a canopy above, like a roof on the top of the photo. It's a real shame the car was in the way- I'd suggest cropping it, but you would lose some of the scrawl. You could always clone stamp it out.

Picture 3:: There is a lot of detail on the babies face, the eyes, nose and mouth, and the shadows really make the highlights stand out. What I don't like about this photo, is the fact the stick is blurred. It would have been better if maybe you'd had the stick as the main focus, and the babies face blurred, but then again, my attention is drawn too much to the stick. It's your call. There is also a lot of background junk. You could edit, but you'd lose the head.

Picture 4: My favorite photo. I love the detail on the stone and on the butterfly. The background is blurred, which is really good, but I don't like the bit that juts out at the bottom. It's bugging me; it keeps catching my eye when I should be looking at the butterfly.

Overall:

Some very good peices of photography: you need to work on background clutter, like the car and the mess, so that my attention is not diverted, and stays focused on the main point. You've shown you can blur backgrounds to keep the main focus, you just need to do it consitently.

Well Done, and keep clicking!

PoD
Signature Pending

170 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 170
Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:14 am
Boolovesyou says...

Hey Housecat,

Okay! Here to review!

Photo 1: Seems like you just snapped this picture, so nothing special. You do have a cute dog, but I think perhaps when taking pictures of your dog try a different view. Like across the floor or something like that.

Photo 2: This one I don't have many comments about other then its a cool tree. Also I like that you can see the actual leaves of the tree behind it. Very pretty.

Photo 3: While that is an adorable baby perhaps move the red paint brush in the back! Find a way to focus more on her facial features. She's very pretty.

Photo 4 : I really liked this one. The butterfly is very clearly seen. Its not the prettiest butterfly, but you also focused on the butterfly to much. The background is completely blurred out, and for me its just too blurry. Try to put more details in it!

PM me or post on my wall if you have any questions!

-Boo
Milestiba uzvar visu, Milestiba ir upuris.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:43 am
Twinkle4ever says...

The first picture is good although I would recommend that you take the picture of the whole puppy. Aww it's so cute! :) The little girl in the third picture is adorable. I like her smile. She reminds me of someone I know. :) Anyway, the third pic, again I would say that you could take a bigger picture. It looks too small but I guess that's just me.
Well good job! :)
You can wish for death... but you can't wish it away

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:38 pm
Rascalover says...

I really like these pictures because they have different styles of editing in them. For the tree picture I don't think we need to see the car. Thanks for requesting a review, and I amsorry that this is so short, but I don't have much advice to give; I liked these pictures really well!
There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein~ Red Smith

Who needs a review? :) http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic38078.html

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:09 am
TheCodex says...

My favorite is definitely the last one. You captured just the right moment. I can really see the texture on the wing. Consider posting your pictures a little bigger! It's hard to catch the details in that small amount of pixels.
I'm a high functioning sociopath, do your research!
-
"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."
- Jack London.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
— Walt Disney