z

Young Writers Society

I know you want my slippers...

205 Reviews

Reviews: 205
Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:56 pm
Kagi says...

Hello again.

I got really positive feedback from my last art post so I decided to post again and see what you guys think. I'm a bit obsessed with photoshop, colour effects and practically any editing programme there is so I've been going crazy for a while now, just messing up some decent photo's. :P

I have pretty slick slippers. They're fluffy and they're boots. So I thought you should see them.
I admit, the pictures aren't awesome but they're fun. The poster's pretty sad and nothing like the whopping stuff I've seen on YWS but it's just my sad little brain de-stressing.

Enjoy! :)

This is the first one I edited, I chopped out the background and made it black to add effect. Then I merged part of the slippers and bronzed it up a bit.

This is the second one I edited. It's the same one as the first but I put it in poster format and used the sepia colour change.

Opinions are appreciated. Thanks. ;)
Got YWS?

If, when you mean to type yes you type yws, you know you belong. :P

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:07 pm
View Likes
hazellgreene says...

Hehe, I love the second photo with the caption! I quite literally laughed-out-loud :L It looks like some sort of poster you would find in a souvenir shop maybe :)

I always admire photographers, because I could never quite get the hang of it myself and although I didn't quite understand what the subject of your photos were at first, I love the editing - it really makes the image stand out and caught my eye right away. In fact, it caught my eye so much that I didn't read the writing until afterwards!

I really like these two and I would be interested to see if you have anymore photos like these to upload! :D
...we're only good for the latest trends...

I walk on wounds that seldom prove to slow me down

'Writing is a cop-out. An excuse to live perpetually in fantasy land, where you can create, direct and watch the products of your own head. Very selfish.'
~ Monica Dickens

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:40 pm
Shearwater says...

Hey, Kagi!

So honestly, photoshop is a totally amazing program. I have CS4 myself and went nuts just a few weeks ago with it. ^__^
Anyway, I'm here to review, not talk about photo editing software in which I could go on forever about! =D

For the photo, with all honestly I had no idea what it was until I read the slippers part in the title. That said, you might want to actually put in a background or maybe even more 'leg' to indicate that this is, in fact, slippers and not a pillow on an arm or something - the big fluffyness made me think it was a pillow at first. *Shrug*

So, I am good at reviewing art but when it comes to these simplistic pictures there's not much to say about them. You made a post of the second one which looked like fun but I don't like the colors to it. The navy blue background makes it look kind of old and the sepia makes it look even older and the colors, I don't know - they just don't match very well. Perhaps try playing around with the color arrangement a little more. Keep the background light so the it's the picture that pops out, not the dark color like navy blue.

Overall, it's not all that bad. Keep playing with photoshop and what not. There are so many different things you can do in that thing it's amazing and see what you can come up with. Not just slippers but other things too, photos or famous paintings. I tend to do that too time to time, play around with The Mona Lisa and change her hair color to pink and give her some hot pink lipstick. ;)

Keep working and let me know if you need anything else! ^^

-Pink
There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
-W. Somerset Maugham

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:13 pm
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

I have to agree with Pink about not knowing what this was at first glance. I think it's because you've edited it so much that there's no line distinguishing one foot from the other, and also because we can no longer see the awesome fluffiness of the boots. For me, the beauty of art is in the details, and in this pic it looks like you tried to take all the detail out.

The colors don't look very natural, either. Were the boots originally a pale yellow? It looks like they were yellow at the bottom and then towards the top they are completely white.

Personally, I think I would've liked this better if you hadn't done any editing and just shown the boots in their amazingness and left it like that x)

I have to say though that I really liked the editing effects you did, like the borders.

Hope this was helpful!
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

“Hope” is the thing with feathers - That perches in the soul - And sings the tune without the words - And never stops - at all -
— Emily Dickinson