Stay Strong

1 post
User avatar
Gender None specified
Points 825
Reviews 14
Okay, this poem is rough and I am not very happy with it, so I was wondering if anyone could give me suggestions on how to change it and help me improve it.

Behind my smile,
Underneath my laugh,
I cry.
Yet the pain never shows,
For as I learned long ago,
It's for the best
To never lose control:
Never let the emotions show.
To stay strong.

One more minute,
One more song,
One more thought,
Tomorrow's a different day.
It's an endless chant,
Always on repeat,
Forever in my mind.

Don't let them see the pain,
For it will do nothing,
But cause it in the ones I love.
So I stay hidden.
So I continue to play,
As if I were normal.
As if everything was fine.
Face it alone,
Head high and standing tall.
I stay forever strong.



It is only a novel... or, in short, only some work in which the greatest powers of the mind are displayed, in which the most thorough knowledge of human nature, the happiest delineation of its varieties, the liveliest effusions of wit and humour, are conveyed to the world in the best-chosen language
— Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey