Poetically Impaired

2 posts
User avatar
Gender Female
Points 367
Reviews 165
Being poetically impaired is an art,
But one such that makes me feel smart!
I try my best
With unmatched zest
To write each one of these from the heart.

I don't know where to begin,
And since I'm not sure if I'll win,
I'll just have some fun
'Til my attempt's done
Then say, "Yes! I endured to the end!"

Now you've seen firsthand my impair,
And as little as you probably care,
I just have to say
Have a nice day!
(Even if you don't like Irish flair.)
Shakespearian tongue-twister:

To sit in solemn silence
In a dark, dank dock
In a pestilential prison
With a lifelong lock;
Awaiting the sensation
Of a short, sharp shock
Of a cheap, chippy chopper
On a big black block.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 7522
Reviews 229
Hi! Just a really quick review!
I liked your poem. It was quirky and humourous and whitty and coy. I've exhausted all the descriptive words I can muster regarding this piece! lol
I have to say, I generally dislike rhyming poetry. That's just me. But suprisingly, I actually did like this poem. It made me smile.
Well done, keep writing!
AC xxx



You never really know how much of you takes residence in other people... We all exchange bits and pieces of ourselves with each other until we're big sparkly collages of everyone and everything we've ever loved
— GengarTheGhost