Dangerous words

5 posts
User avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 93
I know we're not supposed to preface our work, but I'm going to. The spacing in this is fairly important, and I can't make the site accept and keep the spacing as I had it. So, the ***** denotes one tab indents and **********denoted two-tab indents. Preface done.


"If Only"

“If” is a dangerous word-- desirous.
It soon becomes “If only”,
And frames wild fantasy.

Fantasy turns to ill-laid plans.
Plans precede the foolish wish.
A wish, believed, becomes self-promise.

A promise broken is a lie.


If
*****The Danger
**********(If, oh yes, if…

Only…
*****The Fantasy
**********(…only I could…
…Then
*****The Promise.
**********(…I would be happy.)

But the truth makes a liar out of me.

It is not the truth that hurts me so.
It is the wish, that dangling,
Dangerous
“If only”.

I could be happy without those two little words.
If only
It worked that way…



Please comment. Thanks!




User avatar
Gender None specified
Points 890
Reviews 94
Great work! I really liked this. I can't see anything wrong with it.
*~*Shining through the dark black night...Twinkling Starz*~*




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 40753
Reviews 1292
I liked it too. I wish I could give you some criticism, but I can't think of anything to criricize. Keep it up! :thumb:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 51
Yay! I had to read it twice to get what you meant about the spacing. But then, I'm stupid so... Anyway, I found nothing to nit-pick. Nothing to tear apart. No fun in that. I loved, "And frames wild fantasy" It had your clever ending. Muy Bueno. :thumb:
I reject your reality and substitute my own




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 37
Thumbs up from me!
I have a bad habit of daydreaming... I totally relate to this theme.
I think it could have been longer!!
Good progression through the points (danger, fantasy, promise)
I wouldn't call it shallow... or deep, really.
But I enjoyed it
:)

-Amice-



That's just what translation is, I think. That's all speaking is. Listening to the other and trying to see past your own biases to glimpse what they're trying to say. Showing yourself to the world, and hoping someone else understands.
— Ramy (Babel by R. F. Kuang)