Invoke

3 posts
User avatar
Gender None specified
Points 5715
Reviews 206
The world is a space that connects us all,
intertwining our fates like fragile threads.
Everytime we rushed past each other,
the impact violently tore away our wings,
its consequences splattered on our faces.
.
Like a vast mirror, the sky reflects ourselves
and everything that we have now.
Tears flowing endlessly, hatred staining our lands -
is this all what we want?
.
Let us hitch a dream to the stars
and set our engines for an unknown future.
Even if the gates to a brighter tomorrow remain shut,
we will reach out towards unliminality.
For only if we can ignite the brilliance in today,
humanity will feel the pride of being alive.
.
For only if we can invoke the love in everyone,
the pride of a new dawn will bloom endlessly.
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.




User avatar
Gender None specified
Points 990
Reviews 4
I would just like to say that I love the images

" If we can ignite the brilliance in today"

and "Let us hitch a dream to the stars"

fantastic!!

the only thing I could possibly criticise is perhaps that the harsh words "violence" and splattered" do not fit these elevated images... I understand you may be trying to create contrast between what we have and what we want to have, but pehaps more piercing and effective words might replace "splattered"? it just seems a little... juvenile.

Sorry to criticise I really didnt want to because as I said I loved those images and for me that is what makes it!




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 1040
Reviews 13
Lil_Pau, before I begin I am going to be extremely honest with you: your avatar was distracting me from the poem. Lil_Pau said: "The world is a space that connects us all,intertwining our fates like fragile threads". This was my favorite part of the poem. A good beginning gives for high exectations for the rest of the poem, and the only thing better than that is meeting those expectations.
"My only regret is that I didn't learn the value of life sooner"
- Tariq Muhammad



Way, way back in the 1988 Presidential election, then Vice President George H W Bush had a phrase he liked to use: "A Thousand Points of Light." It refers to the idea that a community is made up of people who contribute in a thousand, different small ways, but with each helping to illuminate their community. It's a phrase I think about a lot when it comes to YWS. Looking forward, the site will continue to change and grow, but it will always remain a community dedicated to promoting creative writing as a favorite pastime.
— Nate