Your rhymes are forced. (See: ...I wish to abhor/....walk out the door) The title promised more than the poem gave. Your meter is actually not so bad, but you get there because you fill it up with needless words. Use that sense of meter to your benefit. Find phrases that are original and sound that fit your meter as opposed to throwing in extra words to fill up osme syllable count.
this is pretty good
as the person above me said, the rhymes are a little forced. In order to make them better you should also think about the rhythm more.
[quoteI wish I had the balls
to move...instead I sit here,
between us building walls
of needless fear.
[/quote]
This is a little crude. Instead of saying balls, try rewording it. If it doesn't fit the rhyme scheme then try re-wording the entire stanza.
keep writing
-Brenner
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go... — Dr. Seuss