The end of his life
his soul born anew
What the specter brought
only worry
but the breath he embraces
to repel the specter

He longs for the district
from which the breath came

This is a free verse poem I wrote last december. Kinda personal. Tell me what you think.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:22 am
Areida says...

ohhewwo wrote:The breath of
life
love
touches his parched lips

What about:
The breath of life
Love touches his parched lips.

Anyway, I'm no poet, so that was really the only thing that I can comment on without making a fool of myself. Other than that, it doesn't really make much sense and didn't flow.....there were several places where I had to double back and reread-which you never want to make your readers do. It shows talent though, and I think it deserves the benefit of editing.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:55 am
hekategirl says...

"Anyway, I'm no poet, so that was really the only thing that I can comment on without making a fool of myself. Other than that, it doesn't really make much sense and didn't flow.....there were several places where I had to double back and reread-which you never want to make your readers do. It shows talent though, and I think it deserves the benefit of editing"

I agree, this doesn't make much sense, it might make more sense if I knew the backround *you said it was personal* but like areida07 said it deserves the beifeit of editing :-D[/quote]

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:47 pm
Duskglimmer says...

Unfortunetly, I have to agree with the other two. This was hard to read, and didn't make all that much sense. It sounded nice, but when I actually tried to pinpoint what was being said, I couldn't. I think it could be made into something really great though.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

148 Reviews

Reviews: 148
Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:58 pm
ohhewwo says...

Thanks for the replies. That was just something I wrote a while back. Just kinda writing thoughts.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Mon May 23, 2005 9:45 pm
Rei says...

Interesting, though I can't really imagine what sort of mmusic it would go with.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

I'm tired of books having villains who are just villains for no reason.
— EllieMae