Light At The Edge Of The World

2 posts
User avatar
Gender None specified
Points 5715
Reviews 206
Light At The Edge Of The World

The burning wind is a rising facade,
it sends my troubled eyes into struggle.
While my worn-out feet
trudge onto a weary pathway,
The sun rises slowly,
reflected by the wings of circling eagles.

Memories of a faraway past
burn my lips into dust.
The words that I cry out
will be sent back
by the mirrored concave
of an eternal journey.

The wheel of time
spins an epic of a disturbed mind.
And while you are
trapped in a lonely nightmare,
I will seek for you.

You are blinded by the
shards of your broken dreams,
but still I will be here,
singing a distant lullaby
as I walk these heavy steps
to search for you.

And one day before twilight,
you will recover the
light at the edge of the world.
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 176
No replies..why ever not? I like this, its very easy to read. I like the imagery of the wind and eagles in the opening stanza. It creates a very distinct setting and atmosphere which carries throughout. Im a bit tired, so i dont think i'll be able to review this well enough. I might come back later. I think this is a good piece though, and it certainly deserves some more reviews! x
"Sometimes we see a cloud that's dragonish,
A vapour sometimes like a bear or lion,
A towered citadel, a pendant rock,
A forked mountain, or blue promontory,
With trees upon't that nod unto the world,And mock our eyes with air.."



Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.
— Brené Brown