Terry Cloth Girl

6 posts
User avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 688
I threatened to frame myself in a young boys mind,
wrapped so carelessly in cottons, using only
my salty eyes and sand-tangled hair.

I could hear the flutter and click of his memory
as my laughter broke its
wave on the shore.

Chopstick-thin wrists were worn naked and my
collarbone jutted into honesty that night
when I spoke the most natural lie.

I have no proof the world goes on
past the horizon, and I have never seen
the other side of the world.

I had no right to say.
Carpe Diem.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 253
The emotions are very strong, but it would be better as flash fiction or a short story.




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 890
Reviews 316
Better suited for prose poetry, actually. As it is, it can't assert itself as a poem enough to justify leaving it as such.

But as for the content, it reminds me of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 1000
Reviews 50
Even though this might not be in the right section, I love it. The way it's written is something I have never seen before. The imagry, the word choice, flowed beautifully, AND the title is eye catching. Good job.
"Look in the mirror and what do you see? A shallow reflection that means nothing to me"




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 4890
Reviews 516
This is one of my favorites. The beginning was just so beautiful and I could really see it. I do think that this belongs in narrative poetry but not as a short story or anything like that. I like it better as a poem, I think you get more feeling out that way. These two stanza's were my favorite. :)

I threatened to frame myself in a young boys mind,
wrapped so carelessly in cottons, using only
my salty eyes and sand-tangled hair.

I could hear the flutter and click of his memory
as my laughter broke its
wave on the shore.

Keep it up!
~Rieda
I love, love.
*This wonderful crit is brought to you by CCF!*




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 15961
Reviews 661
I love it, especially "sand-tangled hair", the whole second stanza, and "chopstick-thin wrists". My only slight problem is the last line, as it seems unfinished. What did you have no right to say? It just seems a little vague, and doesn't stand alone very well. Your imagery is really fresh and original, though, and I really enjoyed it.
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou



For a short space of time I remained at the window watching the pallid lightnings that played above Mont Blanc and listening to the rushing of the Arve, which pursued its noise way beneath. The same lulling sounds acted as a lullaby to my too keen sensations; when I placed my head upon my pillow, sleep crept over me; I felt it as it came and blessed the giver of oblivion.
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein