A little Bit Stronger

1 post
User avatar
Gender Female
Points 1155
Reviews 58
Spoiler
I'm not completely sure about the title so please leave suggestions.



The pain washes over me
like my yesterdays
getting revenge
for the sins of my past.

I'm paralyzed with regrets,
the despair cuts deep,
into my soul.
I contemplate goodbye
by the tip of the knife,
like the cliche
my life flashes before my eyes.

Thin blade drops to floor
I see your face,
i hear the words
of my yesterdays,
the ones I ignored.

I hear you say to me,
"The pain feels heavy,
The knife may cut deep,
don't dare give up,
just please breath.
You may think it's goodbye,
but baby it's not
what doesn't kill you
makes you stronger."

You fade away
and my head lifts higher
you said I love you,
and now I see the light.
It didn't kill me it made me
angry, and destroyed,
but I'm not gone.
I'm here to stay
even if I'm alone.

When the pain cuts deep
I see you dancing,
In my darkness
I find healing.

In your loss
I see something,
moving on is
getting easy.

I suddenly
realize I'm holding on,
I'm stronger and this is
where I belong.
You are more than the choices that you've made, you are more than the sum of your past mistakes. You are more than the problems you create, You'v been remade.

http://writemeaway.blogspot.com/



The day, which was one of the first of spring, cheered even me by the loveliness of its sunshine and the balminess of the air. I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, revive within me. Half surprised by the novelty of these sensations, I allowed myself to be borne away by them, and forgetting my solitude and deformity, dared to be happy.
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein