don't think you can give me less.
This isn't a love poem,
or a simple request,
this is my line drawn in the sand.
I won't take any less than true love,
a prince and princess.
Give me it all,
Give me my fairytale.
You are more than the choices that you've made, you are more than the sum of your past mistakes. You are more than the problems you create, You'v been remade.

http://writemeaway.blogspot.com/

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:43 pm
creativityrules says...

Hi there, Misstoria!

Wow. This is an awesome poem! Although it was cliche in some ways, they were good ways, not tired ways, and that's a hard thing to do. Well done! The only errors I saw were with capitalization, but, if my mind serves me correctly, you told me that you don't like to capitalize in your poems. Therefore, that's a non-issue too!

I want Richard Gere climbing up my fire escape,
minus the prostitute part,
it would be perfect.

I'm not going to lie; this is my favorite part of the poem. It's cute and it incorporates the real world into the fairytale-esque one that you've created.

If I had one suggestion (and this is just me nitpicking), I might divvy this piece up into two or three stanzas rather than just large ones. However, I wouldn't mind in the least if you left it the way that it is. Great work!

Always keep writing!!

-Rose
“...it's better to feel the ache inside me like demons scratching at my heart than it is to feel numb the way a dead body feels when you touch it."

-Brian James

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:58 pm
murtuza says...

Hey misstoria!

I love the frank and casual message of this poem. I didn't get tired of the comparisons to all those cliched movies and of the persona wanting all that and more from her 'Prince Charming'. It is quite amusing and really gives off some great non-serious vibes.

Like the reviewer above me said, if you could divide the lines into neater pieces of stanzas, it would greatly improve the structure and the look of the poem, making it seem more attractive. I also think that maybe you could have used a little more rhyming as the subtle rhyme you've already incorporated is not satisfying enough, at least for me - being such a rhyming fan.

All in all, a poem with great potential and a context that isn't too tedious on the mind. Great job and I hope you keep the ink flowing!

Murtuza
:)
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

find your aesthetic and flaunt it
— manilla