The Best for Last

5 posts
User avatar
Gender Female
Points 7042
Reviews 34
I slowly sat in your warm lap
and played with your shirt collar.
You entwined your fingers with mine
knowing our deadline was near.
"I love you, you know," you acknowledged.
I knew I was dying and becoming an Angel
so I started crying uncontrollably.
You hugged me lovingly and comfortingly.
"I have always loved you," I replied,
wishing I could spend every moment with you.
I pressed my head against your chest.
This was by far my hardest Angel challenge.
Your tears fell on my brunette hair.
I raised my leaf green eyes up to yours,
wishing I could stare into those eyes forever.
You gently pressed your lips against mine,
sending subtle chills through my body.
I felt my body drift away from reality,
and white wings slowly grew from my back.
With a love so strong, passionate, and huge,
I realized you had saved the best first kiss for last.

***Note to reader: this is my first poem. I'm just giving it a try :). If it's not any good, feel free to let me know.
Last edited by leeanna13097 on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
Please forgive me if I over-edit anything of yours.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 8463
Reviews 78
Hi there. I'm not the best at reviewing poetry, but I'll try.
I don't really like your rhyme scheme. It seems kinda...childish? I don't know, but it doesn't fit. Some of your rhyme's sounded forced. Besides, not all poems have to rhyme.
I'm not quite sure if I understand what this poem is about. At the beginning you make it seem like she's going to die, and them she's becoming an angel? It was extremely confusing.
Hope I helped. Keep writing!

~Danie
Want a heavenly review?

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 7539
Reviews 374
Hey Leanna! So for your first crack at poetry, it's not all that bad, but I can see that you're a story writer just by the way you write. What your poem is lacking is poetic devices, examples that paint a picture for the reader. You're trying to tell the reader a story, instead of expressing a feeling, if you get what I mean.

Next time try using more poetic language, and read a bunch of poetry, that's the best way I find to improve is study ;).

Good luck and keep writing!
"I'd rather be hated for being who I am, then loved for who I'm not."




User avatar
Gender None specified
Points 1145
Reviews 8
Where did you get the idea for this poem?? I can't help but wonder because your hair isn't brown....it's more like a dirty blond. Well, is it you and a guy I guess is what I'm asking lol:D ~C.C.




Random avatar
Gender Female
Points 713
Reviews 21
''my leaf green eyes '' thats very pretty. Not the absolute best but i liked it, good job for your first poem keep it up :)



Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
— Apple Inc.