Silent tears

18 posts1, 2
User avatar
Gender Female
Points 14289
Reviews 232
dasiamari wrote:I stare at the white walls,
the silent tears drip from my face

I look into the small mirror,
my face pale for not having seen the sun
my light hair black (filled?) with filth
(from?) not bathing
I think the structure of this stanza needs a bit of clearing up.

Nothing (is alive?) but me
in this little room,
the only thing alive I think this is a bit repetitive as you've already mentioned it in the first line
but the rats that scurry

It seems as if I have gone deaf,
the only thing I hear is my own screams
as I call for help
or scream just to know that it is real

They locked me up,
no fault of my own

Maybe I have gone blind,
for all I see are white walls

I look there now
(as the?) silent tears drip


This is a good poem.
I just think that it could be fixed up a little bit more.
Good job though :)




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 374
Reviews 165
nice write!
I do suggest you change 'drip' into something else..
Because drip doesn't really seem to fit in this poem
but either way: I love it!
"If they can't be with you at your worst, then they don't deserve to be with you at your best."
-Murtuza-

"Even though a ship won't sink at sea, it needs to be steered to get home."




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 248
Reviews 65
I edited my poem now that I finally got around to it.
Know that she's back in the atmosphere I'm afraid that she'll think of me as a plain old Jain told a story 'bout a man who was to afraid to fly so he never did land. ~Train



The most important thing is to preserve the world we live in. Unless people understand and learn about our world, habitats, and animals, they won't understand that if we don't protect those habitats, we'll eventually destroy ourselves.
— Jack Hanna