You </3

4 posts
User avatar
Gender Female
Points 2332
Reviews 48
I know it was long ago and you probably don’t care,
but I miss you so much and your crazy long hair.

All your hidden talents that you kept from me,
I wish you’d let me discover so I could truly see.

Your poetry was beautiful, your embrace just as strong,
and I know I could have loved you, I’d known it all along.

But now it’s too late, you’ve seemed to have locked me out,
and I know I’ll never forget you, but your love I’ll have to live without.
Last edited by TheReader22 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 8691
Reviews 180
Aw, this is a sad but cute poem. For the most part you have a nice rhyme and rhythm pattern going; only in the last coupling do I detect a bit of irregularity in meter.

"But now it’s too late and you’ve seemed to have locked me out,
and I know I’ll never forget you, but your love I’ll have to live without."

Each line has a few extra syllables. Something like this might flow better:

"But now it's too late and it seems you've locked me out,
and I know I'll never forget you, but your love I must live without."

Good job on the whole, hun! Keep writing! :)
You must be swift as the coursing river,
With all the force of a great typhoon,
With all the strength of a raging fire,
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.




Random avatar
Gender Female
Points 12193
Reviews 275
O.K., so right now I feel like this poem is more sentences than lines. There is lots of un-needed words, if you take them out it will help the rhythm, though of course it is your opinion. Words in blue, I would take out.

TheReader22 wrote:I know it was long ago and you probably don’t care,
but I miss you so much and your crazy long hair. I would take out and and replace it with a comma, because right now it sounds like the person is missing the guy and his hair. Like you miss his hair separately or something, I don't know.

All your hidden talents that you kept from me,
I wish you’d have? let me discover so I could've truly seen. I am just thinking that the line right now sounds like she wants to discover while the next line makes it seem like she has already discovered. Do you get what I mean? The tenses are confusing me.

Your poetry was beautiful and your embrace just as strong, I thought you should take this out because you say 'and' at the beginning of the next line.
and I know I could have loved you, I’d I've? known it all along. Again I thought you were supposed to be in past tense because you say I could have.

But, now it’s too late and you’ve seemed to have locked me out, Does it seem like he has locked her out or has he. I want something stronger than seemed because it sounds like you aren't sure.
and I know I’ll never forget you, but your love I’ll have to live without.


One thing I have noticed is that you say 'and' and 'but' a lot. It makes the poem seem choppy, bla (because of repeated vocabulary/sentence structure) and un-revised. I want to here more description in this, you have a good start of it, but I want to feel what she is feeling and right now I don't. Some good imagery would help this poem a ton. I think you could add a ton to this. Make it longer. I guess that is all I have to say. This is really good poem, but like everything can be improved.

Hope I helped,

A. S.




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 1630
Reviews 56
this was really good. I like the simple title too. The first stanza was my favorite part, it showed your sincere feeling for this guy and a characteristic about him.
the last stanza was the only part that needed help.
Take either or of these into consideration:
TheReader22 wrote:But now it’s too late, you’ve seemed to have locked me out,
and I know I’ll never forget you, but your love I shall/must live without.


OR

TheReader22 wrote:But now it’s too late, you’ve locked me out,
and I know I’ll never forget you, but your love I'll live without.


this poem was sweet. and I think you should let the guy read this



More than anything she wanted the world to be uncomplicated, for right and wrong to be as easily divided as the black and white sections of an Oreo. But the world was not a cookie.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Tree of Wishes