Idealistic vs. Reality

3 posts
User avatar
Gender Female
Points 1254
Reviews 387
She's smart and independent
She's pretty and kind
She accells and acheives
She has lots of friends
And a busy schedule
And is satisfied with life
She doesn't exist
But she's who I want to be
She's every girl's dream

I'm moderately smart
And I'm independent but not by choice
I'm not that pretty but I think I'm kind
I have lots of friends
But none of them understand the real me
I may not accell
But certainly don't fail
I may have a busy schedule
But I am not satisfied with life
I do exist
But... no one dreams of me
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 890
Reviews 205
erm, tisbe sad, and, well....wrong. Still, it definitely captures something about the shittiness of this society, because I know a trillion people who could have written this, word for word.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 75
Yup, i totally agree. It definitely shows how crappy this world is, BUT (oh no, here it comes!) I think the flow of the poem could be a lot better. There's no real rythm to it and I think you should change the way you phrased some parts, especially this part:

She accells and acheives
She has lots of friends
And a busy schedule
And is satisfied with life
She doesn't exist


It was flowing before then, but when you suddenly say She has lots of friends it breaks the rythm. Still, I love how you finally put what the world thinks of itself onto paper!!! (oh yeah- none of your friends understand you? I'm hurt.)
Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake... unless it's to remind him that he won't fail... he just won't kill you.



This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much all of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy