A Softer Sort of Darkness

3 posts
User avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 47
Falling
Swallowed by
Nothing and yet
Somehow I feel a
sense of belonging, that
Permeates me until I
breathe a softer sort of darkness




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 36
Hmmm...
There are certain moods and certain times of day when this makes perfect sense to me. Now, for example, although I doubt I could've put it so poetically. Kudos to you, and I know nothing about critiquing poetry so I shall refrain from the attempt.
True friends stab you in the FRONT. (Oscar Wilde)




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 1586
Reviews 402
Very nice poem! I liked how each line increased one syllable. I don't believe I've ever seen that type of poem before. And you did a very nice job of introducing it to me! :D

There was only one thing I saw:

sense of belonging, that


I don't see why you need a comma. It kind of halts the melodic flow of the poem, and I think it would look better and sound better without it. It's just kind of a "jolt" and I don't think you were going for that.

Just my two cents. Good luck and I look forward to reading more of your work!

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?



Every time I’ve gotten feedback that was hard to take it was usually hard to take because there was truth in it and I didn’t like that (or didn’t want to receive it). That’s not to say all harsh feedback is good or that we should be harsh for harshness’ sake, but learning to absorb truth without letting it break your inner core/break you is a lifelong skill that keeps your mind elastic and open to learning.
— soundofmind