Mishima

2 posts
User avatar
Gender Male
Points 7386
Reviews 159
Is anyone else familiar with Mishima Yukio? He wrote The Temple of the Golden Pavilion amongst many other works. Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters is a wonderful film on him as well. I recommend everyone take a look at this guy's work and his life in general if you're serious about being a writer.

Discuss his works, politics, your opinions, whatever if you like.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 5010
Reviews 133
I've read Spring Snow and Sound of Waves. They're masterpieces, although I must admit I lack background on his artistic view and life, I might've understood his books better if I researched before.

His style is soft. The words just flow naturally, and he rathers says a lot with few words, which I've always preferred in a novel. I strongly suggest you the books I've mentioned above. :)

I prefer him over Kawabata. Out of three books I've read by Kawabata, I only enjoyed The Old Capital.
Julie, a sucker for romance, historical fashion, medieval fairs and blues music. Add photography and you already know me 50%. The rest of me you'll discover through my writings and my photos.

my fictionpress
my greatest project, a history-inspired romance



I have lived through much, and now I think I have found what is needed for happiness. A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good... then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbor - such is my idea of happiness.
— Leo Tolstoy