z

Young Writers Society

Published Book Logic/Plot/Research Fails

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:08 pm
Merlin34 says...

Have you ever noticed a fail in a published book, and just wanted to tell someone?

Well, I have. But I have Asperger's, so I'm not sure about the rest of you. Oh well.

"Eldest" There are probably more, but there are 2 that stick out.
1. When Eragon is traveling to Ellesmera via canoe, one of the elves says, "We turn toward whichever side you paddle on." False. You turn away from the side you paddle on, since the paddling makes that side of the canoe go faster, which swings the boat around.

2. During Roran's time in Carvahall: "Those women who had been recently widowed, like Nolla..."
And later...
" "You can have the pleasure of waking up Nolla." (said Roran) (name) smiled at the mention of his wife."
http://maxhelmberger.com/
Advice on writing, funny articles, and more.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:56 am
GreenGiraffe says...

Haha, I can't think of any myself, but this is funny
Post more!
Click here to make a clicking sound

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:04 pm
EmmaJane says...

During Roran's time in Carvahall: "Those women who had been recently widowed, like Nolla..."

And later...

" "You can have the pleasure of waking up Nolla." (said Roran) (name) smiled at the mention of his wife."

So I haven't read what came after the first book - couldn't be bothered - but I found that to be pretty funny.

At the moment my mind's gone blank, but yes, I do often find things that are plainly contradictory, or just false.

One which annoyed me how all the member of a group didn't know each other's identities or something. I love her books, but that seriously let it down for me. Surely someone would have to know! It's "The Named" trilogy. I can't help feeling like I owe her, though, 'cause I found YWS through her website, so... Sorry, M!

Gimme a few days or so to think of others.

X]
Your = Possession. Your shoes are so sweet!
You're = Omission. You're quite strange...

If you are confused about which to put, simply say in your mind "you are" and see if that fits the sentence. If not, you are looking for your.

Little Macey | Got YWS? | KOTS:BD

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:59 pm
Krupp says...

I feel bad for the writer who screws up like that, because if they get caught with that in the open, they probably feel incredibly stupid afterwards. I know I would.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

they say money can't buy happiness, but what they don't realize is that money *can* buy novelty socks.
— blueca