z

Young Writers Society

Help me YWS! T_T

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:52 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

This is for my novel Kidnapped. When Lara is kidnapped as part of a practical joke, things turn a little ugly and someone dies. Since she's a witness, the killer won't allow her to go home and takes her with him when he goes to someone who can help him 'dissapear'.

Problem: In the custody and under the threats of a very scared, slowly going crazy killer (because you'd be off your rocker too if you'd accidentaly killed someone. I think >_>) I can't see Lara as being terribly relaxed. But I also don't want her to spend the first 80% of the novel scared out of her mind.

The story is also written from first person.

Choices:

a) She gets angry, thus fear is forgotten.

b) She, for some reason (help?), becomes confident and brave. Maybe she sucks it up and realized wimpering won't save her butt?

c) I can write it all (it's first person, btw) after the fact, so she could say 'I was scared' without the tone of the writing actually needing to be scared. ish. >_>

d) Other suggestions??

I need to get over this hurdle if I want to start the novel with its new plot. Please and thank you everyone!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:06 pm
Krupp says...

I would suggest a combination of options A and B....seeing as that is how I would be anywhow.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:49 pm
BigBadBear says...

I think this would be amazingly good if she was terrified. I mean, if you are kidnapped, you're gonna be scared. You could make this a very intense thriller.

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install a lovely bookcase on the wall.
— Roald Dahl