z

Young Writers Society

Where do you get your ideas from?

171 Reviews

Reviews: 171
Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:15 pm
lexy says...

I got a story idea from a programme on tv!!! (The bill) lol.
I am planning to completey make it my own and change the characters and the scene, obviously. xxxx
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself. - Peter O'Toole

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:53 pm
Myth says...

Oracle's Possession came when I was looking out the library window. It was very high up and I could see everything, the London Eye, Gherkin and I mean everything. And it was a pidgeon that inspired me, it was sitting on someone's roof and the whole idea of peras was formed immediately. Monessa came out eventually after various plans on a main character.

Curiosity Killed the Cats was from the FF challenge. The picture just stuck in my mind I always wanted to write something short involving two kids and a procession of strange people.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:24 pm
Sureal says...

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.
I wrote the above just for you.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:28 pm
Firestarter says...

The Sky So Deeply Red is partly inspired by reading Tom Holland's book Persian Fire (which got me hooked on the period), a personal desire to write an account of the Battle of Thermopylae, reading related books like Stephen Pressfield's Gates Of Fire and David Gemmell's Lion Of Macedon and wanting to write a story in a similar vein.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:27 pm
Incandescence says...

I got the idea for Balloons in Winter most totally from my own experiences.

If I get inspired by external sources, which I have no experience with, I can't maintain the illusion of being inspired.

This probably tells you horrifyingly accurate things about my life.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:18 pm
Pushca says...

It all started when I had a little manic incident.
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

Once you have read a book you care about, some part of it is always with you.
— Louis L'Amour