z

Young Writers Society

what book do you like to read,what gets your attention?

Reviews: 0
Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:45 am
prio says...

hi guys i was wondereing what makes your eyes widen in a book?
what do you love to read??? come into this topic and tell EVERYBODY!! we'd all love to hear.
prio
come back regulary to see what others say and pass your opinion,no heated arguments but debates are ok. :D
tell us what you like to read and let others comment back!

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:56 am
Myth says...

Prio,

This is in the wrong place, I think it ought to be in Literary Discussions.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:09 am
Poor Imp says...

Hey Prio. ^_^

As Myth notes, an interesting topic misplaced. ^_~ Moved to Fiction Discussion
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:55 am
Griffinkeeper says...

The thing that always makes my eyes close (or even better, cringe) is when things go horribly wrong.

Not the sudden "oh look! We're captured!" but the progressively worse kind of wrong.

Eventually, through trial and error, the hero somehow is able to overcome these tremendous obstacles and wins against all odds.

Those moments of "holy cow, it's worse now" are what make it worthwhile though.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:34 pm
aeroman says...

What do I love to read? you ask. Well, funnily enough I've been thinking about a topic very similar to this the past couple of days. (I've been very sick, and so I've had a lot of thinking time on my hands.) I have figured out that the stories I just love to read are the ones that bring out those amazing feel-good endings. The ones that just make you smile at the end. Nowadays, it seems like the only thing we write is the big crazy plots, the screwed up things, that make you go wow. Which is all very cool, but I've noticed there isn't a whole lot of those feel-good type books anymore. And for some reason I just love reading those stories and watching those movies.

I think the best stories go back to those basic emotions that make you smile. You just have to feel happy in the story. My brothers always laugh at me when I really like a book or movie because I start smiling while reading/watching. I just get that elated feeling. So, there is my answer to your question, if you made it through my rambling. I love the stories with the feel-good endings. The ones that make you :)

~Aero
They haven't invented the missile that can kill an ideal.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:39 am
Myth says...

Book covers are what interest me (or the artist). Sometimes you find the covers are deceiving and the story within is actually great, other times it isn't.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

Random avatar

Reviews: 335
Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:23 am
Fireweed says...

Yes, cool covers always draw me in... But I've read awesome books with ugly covers and awful books with cool covers, so...
"I myself am composed entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."- Augusten Burroughs

How odd I can have all this inside me and to you it’s just words.
— David Foster Wallace