z

Young Writers Society

Which name should I use for an ancient god?

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:14 pm
PersonaAlias says...

Which name should I use for an ancient god?

1) Emitrethona

2) Emitni

3) Sylfemit

4) Seciohs

5) Yenruoj

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:26 pm
Caesar says...

depends on what people worship this god. If you're simply following euphonic criteria, try guttural or sibilant consonants in succession if the god is a god of evil and related, conversely, if the god is a god of light, something nice and easy to pronounce, something that rolls of the tongue.

That's my personal (simplistic) rule of thumb, but people tell me there are better ways of going about this, if you want to put effort into things.

Either way Yenruoj sounds nice.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

9 Reviews

Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:38 pm
PersonaAlias says...

Judas wrote:depends on what people worship this god. If you're simply following euphonic criteria, try guttural or sibilant consonants in succession if the god is a god of evil and related, conversely, if the god is a god of light, something nice and easy to pronounce, something that rolls of the tongue.

That's my personal (simplistic) rule of thumb, but people tell me there are better ways of going about this, if you want to put effort into things.

Either way Yenruoj sounds nice.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:23 pm
JustJasper says...

I too have a question although I am not sure it falls under this category. I want to know if there are any legends/myths that relate to strange things happening to people in undersea caves. Or if there is an ancient god that might have anything to do with undersea caves.

pls help me
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

9 Reviews

Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:55 pm
PersonaAlias says...

Oswin1800 wrote:I too have a question although I am not sure it falls under this category. I want to know if there are any legends/myths that relate to strange things happening to people in undersea caves. Or if there is an ancient god that might have anything to do with undersea caves.

pls help me

I don't know if this helps you at all, but I once saw an article about a Maya underwater cave that was littered with human bones. Researchers thought it might have been where sacrifices were offered to the gods.
If you want to look it up, search "Maya underwater cave".

Only the suppressed word is dangerous.
— Ludwig Borne