Ok I have no clue what I am doing, my teacher just assigned the work with out teaching the right stuff so i am so confused!! So please please I need help!! badly! here are pictures of all the home work I need help with.
Take operation: (Z, •) [this is math notation for "The set of all integers under multiplication"--you won't need to know this notation for your class.]
Try a few examples:
-1 • 2
0•3
1•2
Are all of the answers a member of Z (all integers)?
WHAT'S IDENTITY?
The identity element of any operational system is the element that, by the operation and a member of that set, equals that member of the set.
Take division--1.
8÷1 = 8
101 ÷ 1 = 101
1 is the identity element.
INVERSES:
With fractions, this is the "opposite", or reciprocal, of a number. This can be called the multiplicative inverse.
1/2 • 2/1 = 1
3/4 • 4/3 = 1
With multiplication, any number times its inverse will equal one.
I won't give you the other properties; those are easy to just look up online. ^_~
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.
Cade wrote:Is it a sad thing that I'm in AP Calculus and I don't know how to do half this stuff?
To be fair, I know the properties, but as Sam said, those are easy to teach to yourself via the internet.
I'm the exact same way. I passed AP Calculus and decided to go back and take PreCal this year (taking Cal again next semester since we never even got to integrals the first time *disappointed face*), and I don't even know what the first section on the first picture even means.
The bigger the issue, the smaller you write. Remember that. You don’t write about the horrors of war. No. You write about a kid’s burnt socks lying on the road. You pick the smallest manageable part of the big thing, and you work off the resonance. — Richard Price