z

Young Writers Society

Medical info

253 Reviews

Reviews: 253
Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:13 pm
CK Lynn says...

Okay, I have a story with a lot of hospital scences, so if you could (pretty please!) answer these, or what ones you can: :?:

1. Is there a specific type of intravenous pain reliever they give you?

2. Are non-family allowed to see a patient if they are in stable condition/have no family?

3. do they stitch up bullet wounds?

Thanks for all responses!
"Just saying none of us want to conquer the world won't stop some other idiot from trying."
~Liberty and Justice, by Paul Dini

www.batmanworldblog.blogspot.com

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:39 pm
Emerson says...

1. Is there a specific type of intravenous pain reliever they give you? I'm not sure of the answer, but here is a great web site I found: Anaesthesia Information Page

2. Are non-family allowed to see a patient if they are in stable condition/have no family? I think if they're stable, and allowed to have patients (for example, if someone is in the psych ward, they might be "stable" but not allowed to have visitors) then they can't keep anyone out, but if their condition is more critical, then probably not. If they have no family, they may get in reach with someone rather distantly related, or someone who can help, a friend or something. But don't quote me on this, I really have no idea.

3. do they stitch up bullet wounds? I think it wouldn't depend on the fact that it was a bullet wound, but where it was. Lets say you get shot in the shoulder. They'll have to go in to get the bullet out (if it wasn't a through-and-though) and any time you cut your skin, they stitch it. Probably, but again, I can't be sure.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:14 pm
Twit says...

Watch medical dramas. ^_^
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

It takes as much imagination to create debt as to create income.
— Leandro Orr