z

Young Writers Society

Help on Netherlands Project?

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:53 pm
Revere says...

For geography class I have to do a project with a partner on the Netherlands. I specifically am researching the birth rate, death rate, and infant mortality rate. I found those easily, but now I have to research WHY they are what they are. (This is the main purpose of the project)

The problem is I have no idea why they are what they are. There is nothing on the internet or books (that I can find) on why the Netherlands have a low death rate, or why they have a low infant mortality rate, or anything else. My teacher said we might have to infer the information, but I'm having trouble with that too, since I don't know what to infer from.

So maybe some of you can help me? If you know anything about the Netherlands - perhaps a website, or just knowledge from your head - then I would really appreciate it.
"[Maybe] If they don't light it, it can never go out."
^Mary, from Heat

>Previously known as green_river<

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:28 am
Poor Imp says...

green_river wrote:For geography class I have to do a project with a partner on the Netherlands. I specifically am researching the birth rate, death rate, and infant mortality rate. I found those easily, but now I have to research WHY they are what they are. (This is the main purpose of the project)

The problem is I have no idea why they are what they are. There is nothing on the internet or books (that I can find) on why the Netherlands have a low death rate, or why they have a low infant mortality rate, or anything else. My teacher said we might have to infer the information, but I'm having trouble with that too, since I don't know what to infer from.

So maybe some of you can help me? If you know anything about the Netherlands - perhaps a website, or just knowledge from your head - then I would really appreciate it.

The Netherlands have a madly liberal--or laissez-faire--policy on abortion and euthanasia. Many infants aren't born, especially if they're diagnosed in utero with a mental or physical disability.

That may explain low mortality. Though what it does for the other issues? you'll be trapped again infering.

Think 'effects' and go over causes able to elicit such--standard of living? What sort of society are they? Certainly no longer agrarian. Are their cities clean? What of the crime rate?

Of course, those are more questions, not answers. [url=wikipedia.org]Wikipedia[/url] can give you more statistics, and perhaps a bit more.
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:42 pm
Revere says...

Thanks for replying, Imp, I need all the help I can get. :)
"[Maybe] If they don't light it, it can never go out."
^Mary, from Heat

>Previously known as green_river<

As a former (and rather excellent) liar herself, Aru knew that, sometimes, speaking the truth felt like wrenching a thorn out of your side. But doing the opposite meant pretending it wasn't there. And that made every single step ache. It was no way to live.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality