Question about a Monologue

2 posts
User avatar
Gender Female
Points 4674
Reviews 151
I need clarification on something:

So, I'm going to be auditioning for my school's one act play. I have a monologue or two I kind of like, but I'm wondering if I might be able to tweak something a teensy bit?

I would change one of the names that is mentioned once, and get rid of a repetitive word.

Please, anyone who's auditioned before or might know the answer, please respond! :)
Forever for All <3

MUSIC RULES! :)

Everyday is Earth Day! :D




User avatar
Gender None specified
Points 72525
Reviews 1220
There's usually some leeway in how you present lines; it's part of acting. However, you have to be careful not to deviate too far from the original. It's a fine line that can be easily crossed.

Your safest bet would be to stick with the lines as-given, unless you're absolutely certain your changes add something irreplaceable to the character/monologue.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR



The most important thing is to preserve the world we live in. Unless people understand and learn about our world, habitats, and animals, they won't understand that if we don't protect those habitats, we'll eventually destroy ourselves.
— Jack Hanna