Speech

2 posts
User avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 5
Ok, i'm on our speech team at school. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good prose piece that I could possibly look at for next year?
Do you ever just want to run away, just to see who comes after you?




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 1564
Reviews 181
Prose? You mean in general or just speeches.

If you want general prose for a stimulus, try Atonement by Ian McEwan. It's an excellent novel. Or, for speeches, I suggest The perils of indifference by Elie Wiesel. That's powerful stuff.
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!



You must never give into despair. Allow yourself to slip down that road, and you surrender to your lowest instincts. In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength.
— Uncle Iroh