z

Young Writers Society

Anymore

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Wed May 18, 2011 10:20 pm
michaeld says...

Verse 1: I'm standing here right in my place, I sit right down and then I see your face
your face
I start to smile but then I cry, 'cause just like that you'd said goodbye to me
to me

Verse 2: I sit right up I'm blurry eyed but you're not there to make me feel alright
anymore
I scream your name but you don't come, our last fate has already been done
been done

Chorus: Low lit room and I'm on my knees, I cry for you, you don't hear my pleas, I can't believe you're not there for me anymore
I'd held my heart out for you to grasp, you turned away and then it snapped, it's been strung out and it beats no more...
doesn't beat anymore

*instrumental*

Verse 3: I wiped my tears and ran away, then started to write on this blank page...
blank page
remember all the times we had, when you and I just sat and laughed...
sat and laughed

Chorus: Low lit room and I'm on my knees, I cry for you, you don't hear my pleas, I can't believe you're not there for me anymore
I'd held my heart out for you to grasp, you turned away and then it snapped, it's been strung out and it beats no more...
doesn't beat anymore

Verse 4: I close my eyes and go to bed, thoughts of you swirling in my head...
in my head
once again a sleepless night, something that I just don't fight anymore...
anymore

*chorus 2x*

Verse 5: I'm standing here right in my place, I close my eyes and now I see your face...
"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ~ Anton Chekhov

90 Reviews

Reviews: 90
Wed May 18, 2011 10:28 pm
freewritersavvy says...

Hi, First let me welcome you to YWS!

Your song seems a little rough around the edges but all and all I liked it! It reminded me of a sad love story. It something I would most definitely like to hear aloud.

I would love to know what speed of a beat you were thinking about to go with this?

Well written, keep it up,
~FW~

Feel free to PM me anytime.
http://www.isiseiyr.com
~When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world. ~ George Carver

Writing...they claim it is a dangerous occupation... 'they' have no idea!

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Wed May 18, 2011 10:33 pm
kjr5horses says...

Hello! And welcome to Young Writers Society!

This was a great song, I would really LOVE to hear it out loud! But it is quite rough! Keep up the good work!

KJR
"Me I'm dishonest but a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly its the honest ones you have to watch out for because you can never tell when they are going to do something incredibly...stupid." ~Capt. Jack Sparrow

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Thu May 19, 2011 12:39 am
sarahjane97 says...

Hey!!!
I liked this a lot! You must have done a good job of balancing the mood in this song, because even though the subject matter was sad, it didn't bring me down or anything. You did a good job with the rhyming (it didn't seem too forced) and overall, I loved it. (: I wish I could hear this as a song instead of just reading the lyrics!

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Thu May 19, 2011 1:58 am
michaeld says...

Thanks everyone!! I agree that it was a bit choppy, but I'll keep working on it :P this was a rough draft as I wrote it a few months ago at like midnight :) thanks again!
"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ~ Anton Chekhov

Poetry comes alive to me through recitation.
— Natalie Merchant