singularity clarity

6 posts
User avatar
Gender Male
Points 1771
Reviews 2
how could i let this fall into spring
you were my summer fling
in the middle of winter

i looked to the west
and found that was where my compass pointed
and tried my best to act belated

some time ago i said this will never do
but this is something i can believe in

if only this was what you wanted to hear
i could never be your hero when you aren't here
i am who you thought i was
not who i am to you now

i took the biggest bow
this was my biggest show
you were my only fan and i never played you a song

if only you were going to hear what you wanted from me




Random avatar
Gender Female
Points 300
Reviews 0




Random avatar
Gender None specified
Points 690
Reviews 1
Great! Its awesome. You should post more!
You've hooked me into it!
Sonnyxx1
Its great!




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 1725
Reviews 18
I quite liked the general idea of the song and, although its length worried me at first, on re-reading the lyrics I actually think the sparseness of your descriptions works quite well. However, if this is meant to be a song I can't help feeling it needs a chorus or at least some line to return to (unless you planned it that way and were going to have a repeated musical riff or whatever in it instead?); but besides that slight concern about a chorus I did think it was an enjoyable piece so well done
"This is my plan of attack"

"Hmmm, looks more like a pin to me"

"No, it's definitely a tac"




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 1771
Reviews 2
a lot of my songs don't have a chorus because they're usually about two minutes long. i'm only posting my solo acoustic work, mind you
-zenjoy




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 37408
Reviews 182
Hello, I am AspiringAuthorA..M. and will be your reviewer for tonight.

But, first, I have one quick question. Are lyrics supposed to be in all lower case letters? If not, then I suggest you capitalize the I's :P

i took the biggest bow

this was my biggest show

you were my only fan and i never played you a song



if only you were going to hear what you wanted from me


Such a great line.

But, I'm sorry to say your ending line confused me. I had to read it multiple times and I still didn't understand it. Not a good thing. Some rewording would work wonders for the over all feel of your piece.


- :smt059
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
-John 11:25-26



Grief, I’ve learned, is really just love. It’s all the love you want to give, but cannot. All that unspent love gathers up in the corners of your eyes, the lump in your throat, and in that hollow part of your chest. Grief is just love with no place to go.
— Jamie Anderson