z

Young Writers Society

One-line Poetry Competition! (Get your votes in!)

Vote for your favorites!

I dropped; the music outrivaled by the beast beneath my feet
15%
Give me two minutes and I'm sure this'll be worth your time.
12%
she catches hold of her name by the tail of the h.
17%
it's a rusty chain of words linked together, swaying by the whispering winds
17%
All decaying, their souls withering into the soil, muttering words that emitted no sound.
5%
Eaten by your vessel's decay, your soul is bleeding demons
10%
and pointless
2%
Because elephants don't sit in trees.
12%
Her heart dropped with a silent 'oh'.
7%
and you begin to de(live)r the (sad)istic truth
2%

Total votes : 41

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Wed May 07, 2014 1:20 am
Adnamarine says...

This is a chance for you to vote for the winners of the one-line poetry competition!
You can read the description here.

Unfortunately one poll can only have up to 10 options, and there were many more submissions than that. For that reason, I will be creating at least 2 more threads to include all of the entries. Please read through all of them before voting!
Obviously I will have no way of knowing or preventing you from voting for your own submission. However, I would encourage you to carefully read through these single lines-- so many of them packed with beauty, significance, and eloquence--and really pick your absolute favorite.

Feel free to share your thoughts below and remember, these winners are 100% decided by your votes!
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

"The trouble with Borrowing another mind was, you always felt out of place when you got back to your own body, and Granny was the first person ever to read the mind of a building. Now she was feeling big and gritty and full of passages. 'Are you all right?' Granny nodded, and opened her windows. She extended her east and west wings and tried to concentrate on the tiny cup held in her pillars."
— Terry Pratchett, Discworld: Equal Rites